Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 05-23-2006, 11:49 AM

Default Re: ** NBA Conference Finals **

[ QUOTE ]
Frankly I'm surprised by the Heat love. Is this a sexy underdog pick, or are people jumping onto the bandwagon that quickly? The Heat just don't match up well with the Pistons, period. They (and Shaq) have a pretty poor record the last few years vs the 'Stones.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Heat are healthy and finally playing well. The Pistons peaked too early. I wouldn't put money on this either way.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There is no way Detroit wins a Game Six in Miami. No matter what else you believe, you can't really believe that. I'd buy Detroit in five over Detroit in six, and I think Miami is going to win it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Game 7 last year was in Miami. What say you now?
Old 05-23-2006, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Frankly I'm surprised by the Heat love. Is this a sexy underdog pick, or are people jumping onto the bandwagon that quickly? The Heat just don't match up well with the Pistons, period. They (and Shaq) have a pretty poor record the last few years vs the 'Stones.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like their roster as much this year but both Shaq and Wade are healthy. Last year Shaq was playing on 1 leg and Wade got hurt in game 5 and Miami still almost won the series.

[/ QUOTE ]

Last year the Heat were also a better team IMO. They lost a lot when Eddie and Damon Jones left the team.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the Pistons have been sucking it up as of late. It may have just been a fluke against the Caveliers, but the Pistons are going to have to get back to their regular season game if they want to make the Finals.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There is no way Detroit wins a Game Six in Miami. No matter what else you believe, you can't really believe that. I'd buy Detroit in five over Detroit in six, and I think Miami is going to win it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This year's Miami team is significantly different than last year's Miami team.

Also, Wade was not 100%. If you can foresee a Wade or Shaq injury, than go ahead, pick Detroit in six.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:57 AM

Pistons did play poorly in the second round, I'll give you that. It'll be a good ECF anyways; my blinders hope for a Pistons win (obv)
Old 05-23-2006, 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pistons and Mavericks in 6.

[/ QUOTE ]
This were my choices as well. I think the responses thus far are way overvaluing the Heat (agreed with whoever said they were better last year) and I do think the Suns can take more than one game in the other series.
Old 05-23-2006, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, I say you aren't very good at predicting the NBA!
Old 05-23-2006, 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Pistons and Mavericks in 6.

[/ QUOTE ]
This were my choices as well. I think the responses thus far are way overvaluing the Heat (agreed with whoever said they were better last year) and I do think the Suns can take more than one game in the other series.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tuq - AHHHAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH F YOU!!!

Sigh, well done.

Having watched this team and dissecting their game for a 7-game series, I think the Suns can steal a game or 2. I would prefer they give them a real series, as it's preferable to be taken out by the eventual conference champion... but the Mavs are kind of a super-charged version of the Clippers. More athletic, and I don't see them having similar defensive breakdowns we did against the Suns.

Too bad.

Mavs in 5

Pistons in 7.

-Al
Old 05-23-2006, 01:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would've thought the same thing a couple of weeks ago, but as of today based on recent games I think there are some legitimate reasons to like the Heat.

IMO there is more to it than "Detroit played a better team last round". Prior to the last round what evidence was there to indicate that New Jersey wasn't a better team than Cleveland? I mean, the Cavs were pretty lucky to beat the Wizards from what I saw.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:46 PM

Anybody know what's up with Carlos Delfino? (Hornacek?) I remember he played excellent defense on Dwyane Wade during the regular season, but he seems to have dropped out of the rotation lately.