Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring

Old 11-10-2007, 10:11 AM

Default Re: Villain keeps calling my preflop raises and minraising my C-bets

You've never come back over the top with a real raise after he min-raises your C-Bet?

After all, if he's doing this constantly, he can't have a hand every time either. He's basically just stealing. Watch stack sizes, and pick a spot where he doesn't automatically have odds to call your raise, then raise him and steal his min raise.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:08 PM

You can always rep top set. I think controlling the aggression/initiative is always key against these guys, if they ck-raise light, then you shouldn't give them that opportunity, you 3 bet them light and show more muscle than a standard Cbet.

You definitely can't make this play all of the time, but it has lots of value against certain types of opponents.

Bodog No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (9 handed) Hand History converter Courtesy of PokerZion.com

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

MP3 ($72.00)
CO ($121.80)
Button ($123.75)
SB ($94.00)
BB <font color="#A500AF">(Frequent ck-raiser)</font> ($197.43)
UTG ($73.00)
UTG+1 ($189.25)
MP1 ($53.83)
<font color="#C00000">Landlord79 ($100.00)</font>

Preflop: Landlord79 is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Landlord79 raises to $4</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB <font color="#A500AF">(Frequent ck-raiser)</font> calls $3.

Flop: ($2.50) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB <font color="#A500AF">(Frequent ck-raiser)</font> checks, Landlord79 checks.

Turn: ($2.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Frequent 3 ck-raiser bets $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Landlord79 raises to $13.5</font>, Frequent 3 ck-raiser folds.

Final Pot: $21

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
No showdown. Landlord79 wins $21. </font>
Old 11-10-2007, 01:09 PM

BTW, checking Top Set is one of the worst plays that you can make, with the exception of when you have the board crippled.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:13 PM

wtf? That must be some rake you got there landlord. You raise to $4 preflop and get one caller and the pot is $2.50 on the flop. lol
Old 11-10-2007, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wtf? That must be some rake you got there landlord. You raise to $4 preflop and get one caller and the pot is $2.50 on the flop. lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Dogwatch Handgrabber FTW! I thought it only cost me $19, LOL.
Old 11-10-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like California B&amp;M has moved to the internet.
Old 11-10-2007, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You've never come back over the top with a real raise after he min-raises your C-Bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I was afraid he would think I was just frustrated so I wanted to wait for a real hand, but one didn't come in time. I tried flat calling his minraise once, but then he made a bigger bet on the turn so I folded.

Thanks for the replies.
Old 11-10-2007, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I was afraid he would think I was just frustrated so I wanted to wait for a real hand, but one didn't come in time. I tried flat calling his minraise once, but then he made a bigger bet on the turn so I folded.

Thanks for the replies.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's online, there are not tells giving away that you are frustrated. So pick a spot and go over the top.

Let's say you have AK and the flop is 942r, you C-Bet he raises, you re-raise. You are likely good even. He's raising you because he knows you will fold and he'll do it until you fight back.

Certain betting patterns will kill you. C-betting then folding constantly is a huge leak, as you'll be exploited by any thinking player.

Today, someone ALWAYS folded after being raised when he'd min bet post flop. ALWAYS. It was free money.

If you are always C-Betting and folding the vast majority of the time you are raised, people are going to raise you. They know what percent of the time you C-Bet.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Certain betting patterns will kill you. C-betting then folding constantly is a huge leak, as you'll be exploited by any thinking player.

Today, someone ALWAYS folded after being raised when he'd min bet post flop. ALWAYS. It was free money.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep a couple of days ago I had a bad multy tabler pot size raising every unraised pot when he was in the CO or hijack, these happened to be my BB &amp; SB. I noticed this and started resaising him, he folded every time. I did this to him 6 times in a row and he did not catch on, he ended his session and logged out of all his tables. Its a goldmine to find players like this.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:59 PM

I'd consider his minraises to be free money and come over the top. Instead of anything strong, his minraises would start to look like continuation raises [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Show him a bluff or two and then start talking about his mama, who you suspect was a mail-order bride.