Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation

Old 11-10-2007, 05:27 PM

Default Re: The Engineer is yellow...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am 100%, however, that he has been banned for 24 hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

What would he be banned for?

[/ QUOTE ]

"Refusing to comply with request to identify himself as PPA board member"

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel like going outside and setting my 5 twoplustwo books on fire. You have to be joking. Mason if you want to drive traffic to other sites then so be it. Unfortunately the time it takes to reorganize and what not, you have done alot of damage already I'm afraid. I feel like this is dealing with my 3 year old and sending him to timeout.
Old 11-10-2007, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am 100%, however, that he has been banned for 24 hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

What would he be banned for?

He'll probably never come back here again anyways. I know I wouldn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

I may not either. Rich has done alot for the poker community (especially before he had anything to do with the PPA) and gets a 24 hour ban due to a [censored] contest.
Old 11-10-2007, 05:36 PM

I don't agree with the ban. But I do understand Mason's position on this matter. I realize that TE's posts are not official statements, thoughts or ideas of the PPA. Frankly, it seems that TE and others are usually ahead of the PPA on ideas on most matters affecting online poker.
However, Mason wants to be certain that all readers and posters of this forum know TE's position, situation and potential point of view so that everyone can decide on such issues for themselves. I don't see the harm in TE comlying with the request and IMO he should have been given more time, the rest of today, to comply.
Old 11-10-2007, 05:37 PM

The Kahnawake Gaming Commission (KGC) announced today an audit into the current and historic activities of this entire matter.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
However, Mason wants to be certain that all readers and posters of this forum know TE's position, situation and potential point of view so that everyone can decide on such issues for themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why doesn't everybody who ever makes a post have to identify which organizations and companies they are affiliated with?

Shouldn't we all be able to make posts without everybody else knowing who we are in real life?

This is absolutely rediculous and I don't understand it one bit.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:03 PM

What if TE never made it public knowledge that he was on the PPA board? Doesn't he have that right?

Does that mean that every poster on 2+2 must now disclose who they are so that 2+2 can make sure nobody else is on the PPA board and making posts here?

It just makes no sense.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:05 PM

I hope the Engineer just avoids this place like the plague and I hope the PPA stops posting here.

2+2 is stunting the growth of the fight for online poker.

We have enough to deal with as far as getting legislation passed, etc, etc, that we don't really need to constantly fight the battle against 2+2 at the same time.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am not 100% certain that the "yellowing" of TE was a compromise move. I am 100%, however, that he has been banned for 24 hours. If this was some sort of a compromise move, it was a poorly conceived one at best.

Pretty ridiculous, imho.

Les

[/ QUOTE ]

Rat Spit!

Nice job "gentlemen"!

D$D
Old 11-10-2007, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

However, Mason wants to be certain that all readers and posters of this forum know TE's position, situation and potential point of view so that everyone can decide on such issues for themselves. I don't see the harm in TE comlying with the request and IMO he should have been given more time, the rest of today, to comply.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you think 2+2 readers are on average intelligent enough to read a title that says "PPA Board Member"? How exactly does this fail to accommodate full disclosure?

I'm still hopeful 2+2 will come to its senses and logic will prevail here.
Old 11-10-2007, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't agree with the ban. But I do understand Mason's position on this matter. I realize that TE's posts are not official statements, thoughts or ideas of the PPA. Frankly, it seems that TE and others are usually ahead of the PPA on ideas on most matters affecting online poker.
However, Mason wants to be certain that all readers and posters of this forum know TE's position, situation and potential point of view so that everyone can decide on such issues for themselves. I don't see the harm in TE complying with the request and IMO he should have been given more time, the rest of today, to comply.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand Mason's position on this. In the past, whenever someone has asked 2+2 for questions to give to person X (PPA, congresscritter, other random person), Mason would jump down their throat immediately to make sure that the person at least made it absolutely clear that they weren't representing 2+2 in any official capacity. That position I totally understand, even if I think he was a bit overzealous in a couple of cases. That is, I think he should have said what he did, just in a gentler manner. Being absolutely clear on who is representing what is an extremely good idea.

Now here, it seems like he's making anything TE says be defacto associated with the PPA. It just seems that instead of the idea of making it clearer for whom is being spoken (as Mason has been zealous in doing), he's making things more confused here. Obviously TE now needs to be careful in making sure that what he says is interpreted correctly--either it comes from him as a private person, or as a representative of the PPA. Given his past posting here, I'd say that an undertitle is appropriate, and if there's anything he says that's official PPA stuff, then he should identify it as such (which I'm sure is what he'd have done).

Shane