Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2007, 10:33 PM

Default Re: I MIGHT FOLD A SET PLZ BERATE ME!!!

Bumping for some more help.

Something feels dirty about calling a bet here and folding to a river blank. Playing for straight pot odds to a boat doesn't feel right because of all the ways a donkey 2pair could overboat me. If I call and the river falls an ace and he shoves for 150BB on that board things don't really feel like a fistpump to me.

I guess if he'll never shove a straight when the board pairs and he'll never shove 2pair on a blank river and he'll always pay off with a straight on the end if I boat I should just call here and fold the river unimproved - but I'm not sure I can really count on all those things.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:21 PM

fish, a fold is fine here imo... donks tend to go limp on 4straight boards, he's still fighting. your logic that many of your boat outs may not be good is correct also
Old 10-25-2007, 11:28 PM

Depends how passive he is postflop (no stats, dude?) cause it sure looks grim if he donk/calls then donks again on the turn, and he's never done that before.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bumping for some more help.

Something feels dirty about calling a bet here and folding to a river blank. Playing for straight pot odds to a boat doesn't feel right because of all the ways a donkey 2pair could overboat me. If I call and the river falls an ace and he shoves for 150BB on that board things don't really feel like a fistpump to me.

I guess if he'll never shove a straight when the board pairs and he'll never shove 2pair on a blank river and he'll always pay off with a straight on the end if I boat I should just call here and fold the river unimproved - but I'm not sure I can really count on all those things.

[/ QUOTE ]

2 of those assumptions r pretty much the same (shoving paired river with a straight and paying off paired river) and to think that fish lay down straights for fear of boats is pretty absurd IMO, also, i think u will very rarely c two pair shove this board for so much money on river. So call and fold unimproved confidently is the line I would take.