Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2007, 11:48 AM

Default Re: Surge strategy

[ QUOTE ]
OK no problem I just much prefer your more abstract posts. I think the AS position (am I close enough to describing you?) is a pretty fascinating one. I'm in the works in small groups but not in large ones camp but I'm waiting to be convinced. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

According to Exsubmariner, I only post one line drive bys and post articles. Even though I have 1300+ posts and don't think I ever posted an article until yesterday. But facts be damned. Also, yes, I'm close to an AS position, even though FelixN describes me as a Democratic lackey, even though I've never supported a Dem nor voted Dem. Again, facts be damned. I'll try to stick more to the AS posts in the future. Having spent 14 years on active duty as an AF officer, and now an AF Reserve officer in addition to my civilian position, I just find the war an interesting and relevant topic. Of course, I'm branded by people like Old Dogg as having no practical experience on military matters, despite my years in service, my tour in Korea, and working directly for a senior general allowing me to sit in directly on discussions as high up as the Secretary of the Air Force. Again, facts be damned. I have never made my qualifications here public however until now, but rather relied on my posts. I don't want to get in pissing contests about who is smarter or more experienced than who (although Exsubmariner and Old Dogg have both made it clear to me via unsolicited PM that they are vastly smarter than me, so I'll defer to their superior judgment). The only reason my position as a professor at a university ever became known was because old dogg asked me what I did for a living via PM, and I posted his silly response as it was telling regarding how certain right-wing posters think. But so long as I'm still being smeared via PM, and Iron asked me not to post them anymore, I thought I'd set the record straight right here. But that's all I want to say on the subject. And it's closed as far as I'm concerned. Sorry for any unintentional tangent.