Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 09:51 AM

Default Re: hypothetically speaking of course

[ QUOTE ]
you know, I just watched this show on the travel channel, called buried treasures or something like that (dont remember the actual name) and the host would spend one episode about searching for buried treasure. One of these shows was searching for meteorites. It was awesome...you can find out if it is a real metorite usually, by getting a set of rare earth magnets and seeing if they stick, they are wroth about 40$ a lb to 1000$/gram.

[/ QUOTE ]

I go to a lot of gem/jewelry shows with my gf(she makes jewelry) and there's one guy that's always there selling meteorite stuff. Some of it is quite expensive. He's connected with that guy in some way. There's definitely a chance that this thing is worth something, if it's actually a meteorite. Obviously it depends on what type it is.

I would hunt around the internet a little bit and try to find those guys. They could probably give you an idea of its value.

Definitely yours btw.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Suppose you rented a backhoe to do a little dirt work on your property and you uncover something that appears to be an almost a six pound gold metereorite. Is it yours to own and profit from?

[/ QUOTE ]

No way dude. You have to return the backhoe, they won't just let you keep it.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Suppose you rented a backhoe to do a little dirt work on your property and you uncover something that appears to be an almost a six pound gold metereorite. Is it yours to own and profit from?

[/ QUOTE ]

No way dude. You have to return the backhoe, they won't just let you keep it.

[/ QUOTE ]

lolololo
Old 08-28-2007, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it yours to own and profit from?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably have to choose one or the other here.

I don't think you can have your gold meteorite and eat it, too.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it yours to own and profit from?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depending on its value, it's roughly 2/3 yours and the other third belongs to the US government where it can be used to wage wars and provide income for people like the former woman on Dr. 90210 this week who lives on social security but can still have elective breast removal surgery.

Congrats to you and them.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:15 AM

Did anyone else think this thread was gonna be about OP hiring a hitman to kill his wife?
Old 08-28-2007, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you know, I just watched this show on the travel channel, called buried treasures or something like that (dont remember the actual name) and the host would spend one episode about searching for buried treasure. One of these shows was searching for meteorites. It was awesome...you can find out if it is a real metorite usually, by getting a set of rare earth magnets and seeing if they stick, they are wroth about 40$ a lb to 1000$/gram.

[/ QUOTE ]

I go to a lot of gem/jewelry shows with my gf(she makes jewelry) and there's one guy that's always there selling meteorite stuff. Some of it is quite expensive. He's connected with that guy in some way. There's definitely a chance that this thing is worth something, if it's actually a meteorite. Obviously it depends on what type it is.

I would hunt around the internet a little bit and try to find those guys. They could probably give you an idea of its value.

Definitely yours btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

does your gf have any "sun stones" (i think thats the name), there is a place up in the northwest where you can "mine" for it for free, and this stuff is fairly pricy itself. people do nothing other than pay an entrance fee to this mine area and make 2 to 5k/week selling this stuff.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:13 PM

finders keepers baby. Like daryn said, why the hell would you ever have to tell anyone where you got it anyway?

also, this thread is awesome