Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2007, 08:42 PM

Default Re: I Met Sklansky Yesterday

I saw DS at the Rio during the WSOP and he looks suprisingly like a normal and nice dude. His photos on the back of the books make him look like a callous type of guy, I guess he's not photogenic or he's too nitty to hire a good photographer.
Old 08-26-2007, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Before jumping in, David once sweated me for a short time in a $2-$4 limit game at the Bellagio and was kind enough to tell me, "You know, you don't have to play every hand".

Hey, what does he know ? .... I'm just a 'risk taker'.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-26-2007, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I saw DS at the Rio during the WSOP and he looks suprisingly like a normal and nice dude. His photos on the back of the books make him look like a callous type of guy, I guess he's not photogenic or he's too nitty to hire a good photographer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I met him at the bellagio a couple years ago. He was very warm when I introduced myself, even though I was *mostly* there to get $100 from him and he knew it, but I knew that he knew that I knew that he knew, so maybe he was compensating.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:33 PM

I'm currently reading a biography of Bob Stupak. I'm surprised to learn what a central part Sklansky played in the rise and fall of Mr. Stupak.

If nothing else, now I know where he gets his taste in shirts.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I met him at the bellagio a couple years ago. He was very warm when I introduced myself, even though I was *mostly* there to get $100 from him and he knew it, but I knew that he knew that I knew that he knew, so maybe he was compensating.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the whole hundred dollar thing? And it makes sense that he knows that you know he knows, although it sounds complicated.