Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2007, 12:07 AM

Default Boring AQ turn

PokerStars 5/10 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button is 40/28/2.6 - overaggro obv. but seems to have a clue; maybe a breakeven player. BB is 33/18/1.1 - only note is he 3barrelled a 4straight board of rags w/ AK UI in a blind battle.

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12.40 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

Turn: (7.70 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks

What's say you for the rest of the hand?
Old 06-01-2007, 12:14 AM

Default Re: Boring AQ turn

I'd bet the turn, you're still ahead a decent amount.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:15 AM

i bet and hope button raises so i can call down.

if BB c/r both of you then fold. only hard one is if btn folds and bb check raises. then i'm torn. but i really think its a bet.

river: if btn raises turn then call and c/c river. if btn calls (only) then vaule bet most rivers.

if both call then i'm not sure what to do on plenty of non A/Q cards
Old 06-01-2007, 12:32 AM

I'm with the others here, but I doubt any PP/pair will ever fold here, unless BB has it and BTN raises him out of it with nothing...

I have a hard time believing that we can justify putting another 3BB's in for SD equity wise against anyone here though. Getting raised and having to show down UI would really make me sick in the stomach.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:34 AM

lol getting raised and showing down UI on most cards makes me happy - a lot happier than betting and just getting called twice. button will raise the turn with air a decent amount of time.

he'll either have aa/kk or something ridiculous like KQ or A5.

bonus:

Absolute Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $3/$6
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises</font>, 2 folds, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (12SB, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB caps</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (12BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#cc0000">Button calls all-in $4.5</font>.

River: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (14.75BB, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: 14.25BB, Sidepot 1: 0.5BB)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: 18.75BB
SB Shows Ks 4s, pair of kings
Hero Shows Ac Ad, pair of aces

rofl
Old 06-01-2007, 12:44 AM

^^
Obv SB isn't the smartest one around.

Maybe I have to come to the point where putting in 3BBs from turn to SD in a capped preflop hand with A high is the nuts. I'm not there yet.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:54 AM

I check the turn and call one back but not two. I call one on the river also.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:25 AM

Bet the turn. But thats been established already.

I am not sure about the various call down plans.

So BTN is over aggro (basically just a LAG) but has a clue. Do we really think that he bluff raises 2 players in this spot in a capped pot on that board with Kx or Qx? I am not particular against the call down as Hero likely has at least 3 outs against a raise in a 11BB pot. Just saying I am not sure.

If BTN folds and BB raises I think its a fold.

If someone raises the field you are screwed

If both call the turn
BTN has overcards with the action. He would have raised a monster on the flop or turn and he would have raised a small pp on the flop.

BB might have a small pp but overcards is in his range as well.

They should know you have AK or AQ when you check.

I would check and call most bets. I dont know how often BTN will make a play for it but I would def call a bet from him. It sucks if BB overcalls, but he likely thinks that BTN is over agro and will be calling with some A high hands.

If BTN checks and BB bets I will call as well. He is prolly dumb enough to bet his KQ or AJ when checked to.

If BTN calls and BB folds

I c/c. You have him beat a fair amount. Let him get value with his AK.

If BTN folds and BB calls

I c/c as well. But I hate it more than against BTN. From your read it sounds like he is dumb enough to make a play for it.