Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2006, 06:15 PM

Default Re: Nobu Las Vegas

[ QUOTE ]
OP: I recall Nobu Las Vegas as being far more spread out than the hole in NYC. Is it also crammed together now?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never been to the one in NYC, but the arrangement where we were seated was a bench with right angle sides and two chairs, forming 4 tables for 2.

|BBBBBBBBBB|
|B-T_T_T_T-B|
|___C_C___|

B=Bench
T=Table
C=Chair

I know this is pretty standard, and it's a quibble, but I thought we were a little too close to our neighbors.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OP: Excellent review. I love Nobu LV. However, I always recommend people go alacarte over the omikase. Their hot dishes are the real standouts (except for the jalapeno yellowtail) and there's really little reason to get any regular sushi there, it's not better than any other good sushi place. I've made a couple of indepth posts re: Nobu in the past if anyone wants to search. However, yellowtail jalapeno, rock shrimp tempura w/ spicy cream sauce, and black cod miso are definite highlights. A couple of the other cooked fish dishes (black bean sea bass, toro rosa) and the tartars are also great.

[/ QUOTE ]

Masked Man: Yeah, I thought the black cod miso would be one of the hot dishes. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I suspect we'll be back and will likely get some a la carte items next time.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:52 PM

BTW if you travel, I just don't understand getting sushi off the west coast. I know the quality is fine other places, but the prices off the west coast are >= 2X for the same quality because here "1 order" = 2 pieces and in NY "1 order" = 1 piece for the same price.