Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2006, 10:17 PM

Default 89 makes two pair on turn

Stats:
UTG 26/19/1.91
MP3 52/3/.61
SB 50/2/.47

Reads:
UTG is solid
Mp3 an SB are loose pasive fish

Party Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $2/$4
10 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is MP1 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG calls, 2 folds, Hero calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6SB, 6 players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP3 bets</font>, CO folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (5BB, 4 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, Hero ???

I thought about folding on the flop. My nines are tainted but getting 9:1 I deciede to call. Is there anything I can put UTG on that dosent' have me beat on the turn?
Old 09-26-2006, 11:26 PM

Default Re: 89 makes two pair on turn

The flop call is fine since you have a backdoor straight draw to go along with your weak pair.

You beat a pair of tens, which is in his range. Raise to drive out MP3, and if reraised call and reevaluate on the river.

In this situation the board is draw-heavy and your two pair is vulnerable. You have been given the opportunity to protect your hand, so do so.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:29 AM

Default Re: 89 makes two pair on turn

he beats a pair of tens but dont you think UTG would have bet the flop with a pair of tens. I dont really see many hands other than a draw that your ahead of, I would call turn and re evaluate on turn.