Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 12:28 PM

Default Play a hand with me. Flopping trips, poor kicker in raised pot, HUSNG

5 dollar HU SNG, opponent seems to be solid adjusted to these levels. I call with 5Qs and opponent raises three times the BB. I call. flop is 3QQ. opponent bets and i raise the pot. i had 1200 on the flop so going on the turn i have about 800 left. opponent called. Turn is a K and opponent checks. I bet 400, which is half of my stack. Those bets usually look like a bluff so i made it on purpose. Opponent waits and calls. I was pretty worried on the turn cause know i know that opponent has at least a pair of kings. Although what he would have called on the flop. He either has a queen or he's non-believer. River is a 3. A doom card for me. I have a full house and im committed so auto push. Opponent calls and shows KQ for a bigger fullhouse. On the flop and the turn i had the possibility to play more cautiously. How would u have played it? On the river there's no escape.

It's so small likelyhood that opponent has trips also when u have it. But how the play it with a small kicker against a solid player. At the situation i have position and opponent checks the river. What would u have done without getting a full house on the river??? (The most important question). He also chatted me at the middle of the hand after my turn bet like "i think ur bluffing" which is never a good sign, especially at lower limits.

Online i've seen suprisingly many hands where both players have trips. It's so sick and puts those "rigged"-theories on my head. Of course i really dont think so. BUT THIS IS A SECOND FREAKING TIME IN A ROW THAT BOTH ME AND MY OPPONENT FLOP TRIPS AND I HAVE THE WORSE KICKER. So many times it happens in the time span of even 2 days. aargh. Play it conservative and call or agressively? Can somebody, just for fun to count the likelyhoold of this happening once :d

My regular routine of 3 day span

* Grinding day (make a little profit)
* Good day: everything goes swell and i hit my hands, big profit.
* Cold deck

Overally i'm winning though