Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 07:42 PM

Default When you would fold an overpair on the turn? See the other case NLTRN

Heads up sng. I did that. I raised from the BB oop preflop and the opponent called. He seemed like a decent and solid player at the beginning. The board came mostly connected cards and turn card was also scary cause changes that my opponent could have made a straight or two pair with that card, wasnt unlikely at all. I threw down a bet 90 in to a 120 pot and opponent call on the flop. I bet little more than half of the pot on the turn and guy shoves all in. Blinds were at the lowest and i wasnt showing weakness at all. At low stakes people like to shove nowadays with good hands cause they usually get called by ridicilious hands. On what situations would you fold an overpair on the turn? Did i make the right play. Usually i make my decisions based on my opponent, what kind of player he is and how he played the hand if i necessarily dont have the best hand.

Other scenario. I raised from the button and i had raised a lot preflop. The blinds were still at lowest I had A8o and the opponent called. The board came 6h7h5s and opponent shoves all in OOP right away when the flop came. I called and catched an eight. I think it was a very stupid call. opponent had cathed a six on the flop. The blinds were still pretty low. I could be in the lead with that hand and against any flopped pair im a slight favorite. Against a draw im usually on the lead. The opponent seemed quite weak and blinds were low. Bad play to call all in?
Old 10-26-2007, 11:42 PM

Default Re: When you would fold an overpair on the turn? See the other case al

Didn't tag your post! UUUHHH OOOOHHH..
Old 10-27-2007, 01:36 AM

ok, stupid question
Old 10-27-2007, 01:42 AM

I have noticed that their are certain opponents who just shove when they make a hand because as you said they probably get called often enough by other weak players that its worth it. I think the first scenario is a good fold you a very scary board where 1 pair, even an overpair would not cut it.

The second scenario is something I have also experienced, usually these players more flops than they should oop and that strategy is easy to counter. Just wait then call. Wait till I hit a hand then call them, of course it could happen that the one time you do hit your hand is when they decide not to push into you, shrug and move on. Because they are risking so much to win so little it really simplifies the game for you, just like opponents who go all in every time just wait for a hand. Hopefully it does not take too long.

All I am trying to say is first situation I agree second situation not so much.