Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2007, 12:29 AM

Default Re: Super Passivity FTW?!!

[ QUOTE ]
So why is checking better?

[/ QUOTE ]

Villain is value-betting < what he's shoving over w/ IMO. I guess he might shove over a blocker w/ air sometimes, but I think he's just as likely to just fire a 3rd barrel as well if we check.

[ QUOTE ]
nsd4eva is NoahSD. i think you played it really well. you probably get him to put you on a weak suited ace or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought noah played higher?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
nsd4eva is NoahSD. i think you played it really well. you probably get him to put you on a weak suited ace or something.

[/ QUOTE ]
So why is checking better? He's only v-betting strong aces, which he'll probably push over a blocker right? Any other hand that can't beat an ace will check behind with any showdown value vs. a guy who likes to call, but may try to bluff a weak bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

i assume they've played before, and if blocking bets and fake blocking bets aren't part of his regular moves i think nsd4eva would just call with something like a strong ace.

i don't know why he'd bet twice for value with a hand weaker than an ace on flop and turn.

and i THINK he'd 3barrel with draws he picked up on the turn at least as much as he'd raise a small bet, but i could be wrong here.

edit: i really think the only hand he bets twice with and then checks river is something like JcXc
Old 09-20-2007, 12:33 AM

Okay, well I can only expound so much on our relevant history so much through text.

I run like 27/21, so there are a ton of suited aces in my range, and probably AT offsuit+.

Fake blockers aren't part of my regular game, so I figure noah would see it for exactly what it is, and hardly ever value shove 1 pair hands, but I don't know how it would affect his bluff shoving frequencies.

On the overbet, I've never seen it from him before, and the pot is already 3 way so 3 streets of betting and the money will go in. As, I stated I really don't know what to make of it, but it's not like I'm folding.

If noah is betting big aces 2 streets, I can't imagine him checking behind on river, and also he'd bluff the river again if he picked up a draw/combo draw on turn. I pretty much expect him to put me on exactly a/x.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:40 AM

i mean once he bets the turn i think he's betting about his whole range on the river.
if he was bluffing, he had you on a small ace that can't stand a river ai much, and if he had AT+ hes obv value towning. there really arent any hands that hes betting the turn for value that hes not value betting the river for value. so i think block betting the riv is bad b/c of that and the fact that since you never ever do it, he MAY interpret it as the nuts.
i really think that if you bluff these boards with any good frequency, you should play this hand on this board fast, and wait to do this super passive line once the flop is like 632 etc.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:58 AM

Your line is perfect.

Flop bet size is a result of playing multiple stakes at the same time [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. I didn't even notice it at the time.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:19 AM

Fake blockers are overrated. In TAG vs. TAG battles everyone knows blockers are sometimes designed to get raised, so he'll be hesitant to raise b/c he'll just put you on A8 or something. I really think a c/r is best b/c a fake blocker would have to be pretty small, and if he has a hand like AK he's going to be betting more than the size of your blocker so more money gets in since he would probably just call river with AK.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:39 AM

I love you
Old 09-20-2007, 09:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If he's super good at hand reading and aggro as you say he is I'd prefer a fake blocker on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

If we were deeper I'd like this a lot more. As is, I like the check a lot better. nh op.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:17 AM

Oh, if this is Noah I just let him bluff off all his chips.