bet/call 5 41.67%
bet/3b 5 41.67%
check/raise 1 8.33%
bet/fold (NITS) 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-10-2007, 01:53 PM

Default Re: STTF SNG->cash thread

Karp,

Hands 3 and 4 look fine. Hand 2 I could find a fold to the minraise vs a lot of villains. Flop minraises on danger boards are often bad news, why would they be begging for a call if they only had a draw? It depends heavily on the villain though, there are many guys you simply can't fold this against. Hand 1: Kx suited is NEVER a hand that has implied odds, no matter how loose the table is. If you want to play this in the CO, OK, but raise with it and play it primarily as a small-pot hand. I really hate the spot you're in on the turn. That check-minraise looks awful strong and I know a lot of players who wouldn't play even a 9 high flush like that, at which point the list of hands you're beating is getting very slim. His play in Hand 3 is pretty irrelevant to this hand btw as what's relevant here is more passiveness versus aggressiveness. Anyway I could get away from this hand sometimes but mostly I'm going broke.

Overall mostly looks fine but plz dont limp in Kx suited kthx.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

To the people saying he could have hands like AJ here. I don't think so. Most players don't vb very thin on the river. Thinking they do, is most likely a leak.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does thin mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bascially I'm saying people, when there has been a decent amount of action or the board is dangerous, do not often bet TPWK or MP for value. So, when they bet in these scenarios it is often very strong or air.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Karp,

I really hate the spot you're in on the turn. That check-minraise looks awful strong and I know a lot of players who wouldn't play even a 9 high flush like that, at which point the list of hands you're beating is getting very slim.

[/ QUOTE ]

I strongly disagree. I beat gazillion trips and this line is trips (from a bad player) like 90% of the time.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:28 PM

Karp...your results are breakeven over a decent sample. Simplify your game. Tighten up. Don't open limp trash hands like K8s. You do realize you'll have a flush by the river like 3-4%? You'll flop a flush 1% of the time. And you'll only flop a flush draw 10%?

So, limping behind with this trashy suited hands requires you to hit flops because you are going to be playing them multiway. They have no inherit showdown value on their own.

So, if you really want to play these hands. Raise, to isolate against bad players. But, make sure you are raising bad preflop players that can fold post flop. If they can't, tighten up. A bet bet bet your good hands.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:34 PM

DevinLake...I datamine quite a lot. Is there a stat in PO's HUD that can determine one as bad preflop player who can fold post flop (or say combo-stats)?
Old 10-10-2007, 02:38 PM

Default Re: $25NL JJ in BB vs shorty...

Karp,

If you want to play hand 1 raise it preflop.

Hand 4 you can't raise preflop because the two EP limpers are shallow, so just muck it preflop.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:46 PM

Default Re: $25NL JJ in BB vs shorty...

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 4 you can't raise preflop because the two EP limpers are shallow, so just muck it preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah stupid me. Good catch. How can I miss these stack things with my SNG background and the fact I was 2-tabling at that moment?
Old 10-10-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DevinLake...I datamine quite a lot. Is there a stat in PO's HUD that can determine one as bad preflop player who can fold post flop (or say combo-stats)?

[/ QUOTE ]

High VPIP with low PFR and high Folds to Continuation Bet. (or low Calls Continuation Bet)
Old 10-10-2007, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

High VPIP with low PFR and high Folds to Continuation Bet. (or low Calls Continuation Bet)

[/ QUOTE ]

Those stats dont exist in PO [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2007, 02:57 PM

Sorry - I missed the PO part... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]