check/call 1 8.33%
bet/call 5 41.67%
bet/3b 5 41.67%
check/raise 1 8.33%
bet/fold (NITS) 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-18-2007, 12:54 AM

Default Re: STTF SNG->cash thread

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $10/$20 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $1,960.00
HERO BB: $2,000.00
UTG: $2,601.68
MP: $2,417.00
CO: $1,880.00
BTN: $1,452.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG calls $20.00, MP calls $20.00, CO calls $20.00, BTN calls $20.00, SB folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $100.00</font>, UTG calls $80.00, 2 folds, BTN calls $80.00

Flop: ($350) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="red">BTN bets $200.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $625.00</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises all-in to $2,501.68</font>, BTN folds, Hero calls all-in for $1,275.00
Uncalled bet of $601.68 returned to UTG

What do you think about Hero's play?

Hero is a lag regular. Utg is 25/9 1.6/1/2.6 somewhat regular loser.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:22 AM

Don't like it. Putting in the pot sweetner with TT oop seems dumb. Everyone probably should have called.

Now the problem with the flop is you are not beating any over pairs to the board. So, you really have to hope this is a draw or a really badly played TP. To bad you have two Ts though. So, can you really squarely put him on A9?

Basically this is a glowing example of a bad preflop play putting your self in a difficult decision.

So, I would have raised more preflop. ah..the action is screwed up...looks like Hero check raised. I don't like the c/r. It's kinda pot committing and if you get shoved on u puke.

Weak as it may sound I'd probably bet/fold. If I bet and get flat called, then I probably shove a blank turn.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't like it. Putting in the pot sweetner with TT oop seems dumb. Everyone probably should have called.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the standard here, like $175, or check your option?

[ QUOTE ]
Now the problem with the flop is you are not beating any over pairs to the board. So, you really have to hope this is a draw or a really badly played TP. To bad you have two Ts though. So, can you really squarely put him on A9?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are we really worried about over pairs to the board?

[ QUOTE ]
Weak as it may sound I'd probably bet/fold. If I bet and get flat called, then I probably shove a blank turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about an offsuit J or Q?
Old 09-18-2007, 01:52 AM

Just check/call the flop in the TT hand. You aren't likely to get it in against a hand that you have crushed, and he'll fold all worse. c/r there really over represents your hand, and this isn't the board texture where you'd want to do that (ie on a drier board I wouldn't mind it to rep air). But I would have just bet the flop and gone from there. PF is okay, but checking is fine too.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What's the standard here, like $175, or check your option?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I'd probably make it $180.

[ QUOTE ]
Are we really worried about over pairs to the board?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not worried that he has an over pair to the board. I'm worried that there are no over pairs to the board that we beat. It we had JJ, we'd be beating TT, T9, A9, J9s, 97s, and draws (plus some random crap). But, with TT the range of hands we are ahead of is drastically cut. 99, 88 are sets. 9T is unlikely.

[ QUOTE ]
What about an offsuit J or Q?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on the size of the pot, relative stacks, read on villain, and any timing tells I might have.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:31 AM

Hi, all.

Zralok is unknown. tito51 is w/t over 30 hands.

No IQ poker 0.50/1.00, hand converted by the iPoker Converter at Talking-Poker

saw flop

Button Zralok ($190.13)
SB expekt37107 ($81.27)
BB Tesral ($170.62)
UTG tetleyboy ($128.30)
UTG+1 tito51 ($98.35)
CO Hero ($98.50)

Preflop: Hero is in the CO with 6 A
1 fold, tito51 calls 1.00, Hero raises to 4.50, Zralok calls 4.50, 2 folds, tito51 calls 3.50.

Flop (15.00) Q 6 3
tito51 checks, Hero bets 10.00, Zralok raises to 20.00, 1 fold, Hero calls 10.00.

Turn (55.00) Q
Hero checks, Zralok bets 30.00, Hero folds.

I feel like I played this hand in a terrible way. I really had no reasoning since I felt pretty LOST. Please make corrections. ty.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:38 AM

looks fine to me.

raising PF with Axs is fine to me.

You flop nut flush draw and middle pair. 9 clubs give you the nuts, and 5 other cards give you two pair or trips which is probably good. there is a good chance your opponents can't call your c-bet, so you do this.

Zralok then min-raises, giving you the best possible odds to chase your flush. Pot was $45, and you were calling $10 into it. perfect.

on the turn, you're OOP, villain is betting just a little too much to call, and your aces and sixes just died as outs. thus, you now have 9 outs, minus some for when he fills out, and you're behind on pot odds.

if you were in position, you might be able to call the bet since you'll typically get more value if you hit. even then it is probably marginal either way.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
looks fine to me.

raising PF with Axs is fine to me.

You flop nut flush draw and middle pair. 9 clubs give you the nuts, and 5 other cards give you two pair or trips which is probably good. there is a good chance your opponents can't call your c-bet, so you do this.

Zralok then min-raises, giving you the best possible odds to chase your flush. Pot was $45, and you were calling $10 into it. perfect.

on the turn, you're OOP, villain is betting just a little too much to call, and your aces and sixes just died as outs. thus, you now have 9 outs, minus some for when he fills out, and you're behind on pot odds.

if you were in position, you might be able to call the bet since you'll typically get more value if you hit. even then it is probably marginal either way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea that's what I was thinking, too [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ty
Old 09-18-2007, 08:43 AM

karp i'd just shove the flop (as a 3bet, not as a cbet obv)... you have fold equity and are probably about 50/50 against his range anyway. 50/50 is fine when you have fold equity and there's dead money in the pot.

as played check/folding the turn is good.

i like preflop.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:25 AM

Karp,

You absolutely have to shove over the min raise on that flop. If you don't know how much equity middle pair + FD has v. top pair off the top of your head, go pokerstove it now. Factor in a set once in a while and also a lower FD, something like KK, etc, and you still have plenty of equity to shove this flop.