Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 05:15 PM

Default Re: 2/5 PLO8 Live

I did say Interesting play. By which I meant not that common. My first mistake was not reading the original hand history [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] A lot of this depends on the psychology of the bad player on the button. If by just calling, you might make him raise with say A3 and a set or A3 and a flush draw, then you might get the "interesting" situation where he is allin, then your good foe just calls. You can then go allin and get maximum value from your hand with a good likelihood to scoop. I realised I never expounded on this last part. Which was what was in my head, but I was using my usual terse style. So its not really a slowplay except to catch the button, then you get it allin. But it would be the exception and foe specific.

gl

bdd
Old 10-23-2007, 05:16 PM

Sorry about the typo in the OP, but the raiser is from MP and I am in the CO. I will get back to these responses as well as post the next action in a couple of hours when I have time to go through it. Thanks a lot for the feedback!
Old 10-23-2007, 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you know how the good players view you? I mean I think this is key. He made a .5psb so this could be a A2 bet or something like that. They only have $300 at the beginning of the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
They view me as a solid player.
[ QUOTE ]
Also, is this is a full table?)

[/ QUOTE ]
I think there were 7 people at the table at this time.

I decided to just call. Looking back on it, I think it is a bad play. My reasoning at the time, however, was that I was afraid MP had a big hand, such as A278 or A266 with spades. I am mostly a NLHE player, so I am still working on my O8 game, namely being more aggressive with made hands. Anyway, after I called, the button folded so it is heads up to the turn, which is the jack of hearts.

Board: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (Pot=$112)

MP checks to me. I bet 75, he calls. The river is the 6 of spades.

Board: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (Pot=$262)

MP bets out 150. I curse myself for not betting the flop and turn hard and call. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2007, 11:47 PM

Not rr preflop is a huge mistake.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:36 AM

at least calling? have i died and went to crazy land? get it all in and be happy to get it all in.

you're afraid mp might have a big hand? you have a big hand. you have a huge hand. are you waiting to flop a straight flush?
Old 10-24-2007, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not rr preflop is a huge mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

No it's not.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:30 PM

You have to jam this pot, imo.
Old 10-25-2007, 06:43 AM

Brat,

If the river has suddenly hit him, and he's TAG like you said, then he had A2 and a good draw. He was *never* passing on the flop. So all you have done, assuming you are now being quartered, is save money. But that wasn't the reason I advocated calling in the first place. The reason to call was to try and manufacture an allin coup against the two remaining players. Another way of looking at the weakness of raising on the flop is that if the button is weak, he will almost certainly now pass, having seen the two tighties ahead of him going to war. It also gives the tight player a place to pass. You might decieve him into sticking with an A3 or a completley naked A2. He would definately pass the former and *could* pass the latter to a raise from a player with your image.

Gl

bdd
Old 10-25-2007, 12:06 PM

Slow playing reduces your value here. If the TAG has you beat on the flop (which you should not assume) you have to pay him off. Otherwise, you should be charging both villains the max to chase their draws. Just calling flop may have saved you money this time b/c of 5th, but it's not the correct play.

There was a good chance the TAG would have checked the A278 to you, so you should not be fearful of being quartered here.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:34 PM

I'm guessing you neither read my responses properly, nor play much plo8b, nor ever play it live. That's a lot of nors.

gl

bdd