Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 05:45 PM

Default Something about the psychological aspect NLCASH

I'll play heads up mostly. I've played about 8 months now. I think i've learned the game relatively fast and i am a winning player but i was intrested in asking u about how u know when u had enough for one evening and decide to quit. I dont mean that you have lost much or you may even have won. And other thing. I get those freakin glimpses sometimes. I know when im beat but i call anyway. Like the board is Jh 10h 8h. I bet 1/3, he raises, i think its a bluff so i reraise 3 times the raise and he moves all in. Opponent raised preflop. I instacall with my freakin j7o. I would never make that call when playing my best. I think good players always have principles how to deal with these kind of issues, handling themselves. Mostly i play well, when i decide to at the beginning of the match. But how can u permanently get away from those stupid calls and freakin glimpses.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:52 PM

Default Re: Something about the psychological aspect

HU can be pretty draining, I'd just keep my sessions short and clock out when my session time is done (I'd say I usually like to play for 45mins-1hr at a time).. it's hard to keep up your A game with long sessions, especially if you're stuck a couple buy-ins early.. I can see merit and just quitting for the day and doing something else if you feel you're playing bad.. there's always another day.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:37 PM

Default Re: Something about the psychological aspect

I type in chat: brb in 4mins, and going smoke away from computer on purpose.
1 cigarette makes me fresh again, no matter how bad I am running or making stupid mistakes. I come back with twice strength and opponents usually don't expect it. I type in chat again: let's dance darling and usually they let me lead all the way until they "lose&run" [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]