FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Hedge?
No... Be a man! 23 95.83%
Yes, you should do some sort of hedge. 1 4.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-30-2007, 10:31 AM

Default Re: **Official 2007 US Open***

[ QUOTE ]
sucks theres no more US men worth watching. roddick's inconsistent as anything and i never thought blake was anything special. big fan of the williams sisters though they are diesel this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you about Roddick's inconsistencies, and he also has no chance of beating Federer in the quarterfinals, but Blake might finally have his Grand Slam breakthrough this year. He has never made it past the quarters of a slam, but with Baghdatis losing in rd. 1, the only other top see in his quarter is Davydenko, who he has never lost to before.

As for Americans to get excited about...How can you not love the John Isner story? He just graduated from U. of Georgia, and has moved up like 900 spots in the rankings in 2 months. He is 6ft. 9in. tall, and has a HUGE serve. I played him several times in college, and not only is he a baller on the court, but he is a genuinely nice guy. He gets to play Federer in the 3rd rd. now. He is definitely someone to keep an eye on as far as young Americans go.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Some match years ago paired the 600th ranked chain smoking male pro vs. the Williams sisters and he crushed them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure you just made this up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Williams sisters qualify as women?
Old 08-30-2007, 11:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Some match years ago paired the 600th ranked chain smoking male pro vs. the Williams sisters and he crushed them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but they were pretty stupid to let him use the baseball glove.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:29 PM

Just watching Blake's game I dont know I just don't like it. one day his ground strokes are unhittable the next day well, you know. haven't really read up on this isner character.. I should tho as I hate american tennis as it is right now (mens)
Old 08-30-2007, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sucks theres no more US men worth watching. roddick's inconsistent as anything and i never thought blake was anything special. big fan of the williams sisters though they are diesel this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you about Roddick's inconsistencies, and he also has no chance of beating Federer in the quarterfinals, but Blake might finally have his Grand Slam breakthrough this year. He has never made it past the quarters of a slam, but with Baghdatis losing in rd. 1, the only other top see in his quarter is Davydenko, who he has never lost to before.

As for Americans to get excited about...How can you not love the John Isner story? He just graduated from U. of Georgia, and has moved up like 900 spots in the rankings in 2 months. He is 6ft. 9in. tall, and has a HUGE serve. I played him several times in college, and not only is he a baller on the court, but he is a genuinely nice guy. He gets to play Federer in the 3rd rd. now. He is definitely someone to keep an eye on as far as young Americans go.

[/ QUOTE ]

John Isner is the man!!! He is from my hometown, and I can also confirm he is a good player (he beat my ass) and a nice guy as well. It will be interesting to see how he does against Federer.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

John Isner is the man!!! He is from my hometown, and I can also confirm he is a good player (he beat my ass) and a nice guy as well. It will be interesting to see how he does against Federer.

[/ QUOTE ]

he will get smoked by Federer, his groundstrokes are a bit sloppy and his volleys aren't that great yet. He'll have a chance if he just pushes Federer to tie breaks and serve him off the court.

Dyoung in the 3rd round by default!!
Arod lucked out against Jose, can this guy just lose and get it over with.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:12 PM

I'd like to see Donald take on Federer. He'll get killed, yeah, but at least we get to hear McEnroe slobber all over him for awhile.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:35 PM

go tiger tim henman!!!
Old 08-30-2007, 09:52 PM

does james blake even want to play tennis? good god just look at his attitude...at least [censored] try out there
Old 08-30-2007, 09:58 PM

James always looks like he'd rather be somewhere else. And Santoro is one of those guys who can frustrate anybody.

EDIT: Set point wowowow