Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2007, 01:30 AM

Default I know, don\'t slowplay but...

$0.1/$0.25 No Limit Holdem
6 players
Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
UTG (<font color="#0000cc">$26.15</font>)
UTG+1 (<font color="#0000cc">$4.90</font>)
CO (<font color="#0000cc">$23.50</font>)
BTN (<font color="#0000cc">$17.15</font>)
Hero (<font color="#0000cc">$45.80</font>)
BB (<font color="#0000cc">$47.15</font>)

Pre-flop: ($0.35, 6 players) Hero is SB A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="#777777">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls $0.25, <font color="#777777">2 folds</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, BB calls $1, <font color="#777777">UTG+1 folds</font>

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($2.75, 2 players)

But in a spot like this against a solid TAG, is the only point of a bet to hope he has KQ or thinks I'm a liar?

I have 2nd nuts here, right? And the 2 is in nobody's range, and there's no draws.

Is this a spot to slowplay, if there ever was one?
Old 11-04-2007, 01:31 AM

Default Re: I know, don\'t slowplay but...

no, pocket pairs arent ever folding the flop, or even the turn if its a blank
Old 11-04-2007, 01:42 AM

If he has trip kings, the money is going in no matter what. I give him a chance to pair, and then start betting on the turn.
Old 11-04-2007, 01:47 AM

I know it sucks when you slow a monster here and he folds to your bet but you have to remember a lot of his range missed the flop. If he has two high cards you aren't going to win a lot of money from him anyway...Even if he does hit his 6outter You might get one extra bet out of him...other times he folds.

If we bet here we can go to value town vs certain hands. Kx might not be stacking off if he check this flop but if we pot pot pot he won't be folding it. Pocket pairs will also come along for the ride sometimes.

Focus on getting value out of 2nd best hands, not from air/ picking off cbet bluff.
Old 11-04-2007, 01:48 AM

you should definitely bet he is a lot less likely to believe you have a king if you lead the flop than if you check and then bet on a blank turn
Old 11-04-2007, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you should definitely bet he is a lot less likely to believe you have a king if you lead the flop than if you check and then bet on a blank turn

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? i have found the exact opposite to be true.

Still bet it here tho.
Old 11-04-2007, 01:53 AM

Personally, I bet c-bet this 95% or more. I can definitely see argument for checking, however. Since this is more of a situational conversation, I really think position is important as well. In this case we want villain to have position. Most tag villains will be much more willing to call/float/peel/re-eval if they have position. So, even though I would pretty much always bet, I would bet even more if I am first to act.
Old 11-04-2007, 02:07 AM

I find that villains have a very high fold to cbet % on paired flops. About the only time they continue is with overpairs or better. If I've been cbetting a lot, then this changes, as villains will like to bluff a bit more. This doesn't seem to be the case here though, so I like a check.

How to play after the check is interesting though. If we C/R we are only getting called by hands that would call/raise our cbet. This allows us to pick up a $2 bet from air.

By check/calling and then leading turn we have a pretty transparent line. We have to hope that villain picked up a card that helped him for a call to occur. This allows villain to catch up if he has an unpaired hand, but may scare some pocket pairs away.

I am of course ignoring the chance that villain has trips. If he does, the money is getting into the middle no matter how we play this.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:26 AM

I'd bet here. Mostly because I'd be betting this flop with anything I'm raising from the sb. You would cbet this with AQ right? I think you need to protect that cbet with a bet here and hopefully you get some value from a pp.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:28 AM

really depends on your image more than anything else. i just bet, because no one ever believes me. even if they have nothing, sometimes they'll play back at you a little, which is usually the best you can hope for.