Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2007, 08:49 AM

Default Re: OESD oop in a bloated pot, say what...

[ QUOTE ]
Btw, check/raising the flop is bad because what do you do when you get called and you miss the turn? Check/fold? Check/call? Bet/fold? Bet/call? Everything pretty much suck. By check/calling the flop we're keeping the pot in a managable size and the betsizes reasonable compared to our hands strength. When we b/3b or c/r the flop our sd value go out the window.

Also think about what hands you're trying to get to fold by check/raising the flop. Only worse hands right? Not always do we need the initiative postflop. Imo doing anything other than check/calling the flop would be a pretty big mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

In a vacuum, sure, I agree for the most part. Don't mind a CR for balance/metagame from time to time, but there are obviously pretty big downsides to it.

I was mainly just thinking about the difference between leading and check-raising in terms of who's likely to be facing tough decisions on later streets, though.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:51 AM

a) I raise these donkbets on this board all the time, so you may have a ton of FE depending on the player
b) don't donk the turn if you don't know what to do when he raises

As played, I'm pretty sure I 3bet because bet-folding here is just a poorly thought-out play. If you're not willing to 3bet, then cc (or cr I guess, I usually cc though)
Old 11-22-2007, 08:14 PM

Check/calling not so good IMO. What are you going to get paid off on? When you hit your hand there'll be 4 to a straight on the board. And you're not going to be able to call a second bet so you're going to get pushed off the hand on the turn by worse hands a good amount of the time.

....wondering about check/call, block the turn now....but still I think his big hands will raise a good amount especially cause this looks weird... except when there's 4 to a straight and you made your hand.

If we check raise the flop and get called there's like 14 or so in pot...so what about blocking the turn there for like 8-9....and then folding to a raise unless it's a small one and odds are pretty good....?