Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2007, 09:56 AM

Default Low on Chips, Play with AT?

OK, Full Tilt, $5 + 0.50, 171 started, probably half remain. Blinds are 25/50. I have been at this table for about 10 hands. UTG player has been in a LOT of hands, either calling BB or min-raising. Comments?

EDIT: Sorry, didn't notice they didn't have stacks in the converter. I have 885, MP2 has 1991, MP3 has 1195.

Full Tilt (9 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises 200</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises 1195 (All-In)</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, UTG folds, Hero ???.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:02 AM

Default Re: Low on Chips, Play with AT?

Need stacksizes of you &amp; MP2 here, but I'd guess there's just too much dead money out there to not isoshove. But can't really answer without those stacksizes.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:07 AM

Stack sizes added - sorry about that.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:12 AM

With 885 chips I fold the first time with ATo facing UTG limp. Raising to 200 especially without a plan what to do if someone shoves is pretty bad. Probably should fold with lots of chips as well, actually now I see it.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:44 AM

Fold preflop

As played fold after raise
Old 10-31-2007, 10:44 AM

Welcome to the forums. I think that you have a massive leak which is hard to fix and understandable. You really shouldn't be making 3xBB and 4xBB raises with 15BB or 20BB stacks from early with marginal hands. You need to think about why this is. Here is a hint: you just posted two hands where you raised with marginal hands from early with a hurting stack and you have no idea where you are when RRed. Not to mention, and here is another hint, if you pick up the blinds, it's not a lot. And, finally, if you get called, you may very well be OOP and with a stack that is going to be more than double the pot (not a happy spot either).

Good questions, think about them.

Barry
Old 10-31-2007, 10:52 AM

why is hero raising to 200 with 885 left with AT if he will not call a shove? You are getting down to pick a hand spot and if you raise you need to be ready to finish it...also why raise to 200?
Old 10-31-2007, 11:03 AM

Whether you call the 3bet is irrelevent, you don't need to be raising from this position with your stack size.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:24 PM

For reference, I was really hoping to isolate the UTG player. I felt I had a good chance at having the better hand, since he had played so many hands and just limped here. I figured that if I got any calls I was playing from behind and would not push the flop, but thought it was worth the play. I folded to the re-raise.

Also, I have been reading HoH recently, and one of the main things that I have picked up on is that I'm not aggressive enough. This tournament I purposely went in with the mindset that I had to get more aggressive BEFORE my stack got to the "Red Zone". It looks like I overdid it a bit, but I'm trying to make improvements.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:25 PM

RESULTS:

MP2 calls, shows KJs. MP3 shows AQs and ends up scooping the pot.