Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2007, 02:38 AM

Default 44k stat review for 19/14.5/3.8

Hi,

This is my 2nd month in 6max with 44k hands in 5 or 6 handed games. My primary skill is probably table selection and I've been getting decent results, but figured maybe there are some fundamental leaks that you can see in my stats that could help improve my winrate.

Average multi-tabling ratio is 4 (I play up to 6 but good table selection means being on waiting lists a lot; and if there are only 2 good tables I'll only play 2 and fill the rest with PLO/donkaments).

Any comments will be appreciated a lot.

Old 09-01-2007, 02:44 AM

Default Re: 44k stat review for 19/14.5/3.8

Looks like excellent stats IMO.

You're going to hear everyone say loosen up, raise more etc. But I think if you're comfortable playing at 19/15, and having good results (which it looks like you are), keep it going.

What's the trick to gettnig your W$SD > 50? It's my biggest leak [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-01-2007, 02:47 AM

[X] Can't respond to thread, distracted by avatar.

imo, you're not positionally aware enough.... you should really steal more.... i think around 35% is std, and 40+ is common.... basically the dif. in pfr between utf and otb should be bigger than it is.

also, your pfr on the co is the same as button, and your pfr utg is the same as mp..... this is weird, and i think cause by maybe adhering to strict starting hand guids? anyway, work on opening up late

How often do you cr?

Otherwise looks good, but def. work on positional play.
Old 09-01-2007, 03:02 AM

Everytime I see such nitty numbers, they always have very low W$WSF / WTSD numbers. It doesn't make much sense to me that you're playing so few hands but only winning postflop 41% of the time / only going to showdown 21% of the time. This seems to me that it would be a leak as it would mean people are often pushing you off the best hand - but it seems to be standard for this style of play.
Old 09-01-2007, 05:50 PM

Thanks for your comments, everybody.

Kowalski,

Yes, I play the style I play because I feel very comfortable with it and can autopilot it a lot of the time. That doesn't mean it's most EV+ but at least I don't tilt because of making some thin high-variance play that didn't work out this time.

[ QUOTE ]
What's the trick to gettnig your W$SD &gt; 50? It's my biggest leak

[/ QUOTE ]Not a serious question, but to give a serious answer, I think it's mostly table selection, being nitty and running good.

keikiwai,

Yes, I should probably raise in LP more. The problem is I haven't worked out how to treat presumably light 3bettors that well (I've done both light 4betting and calling to bluff-raise most flops and those didn't work out well due to bad reads or variance as I ran into premium hands), so I try to keep myself somewhat within check.

I don't follow any starting guide charts, but I'm afraid I do indeed think of UTG and MP as being EP and CO and BTN being LP and treat them somewhat similarly. That isn't right.

And I don't bluff c/r often enough to snap off cbets. I also float stuff like 88 OOP as a standard play to see if he fires turn as I don't want to turn them into bluffs by c/ring.

BTW how did you get to c/r-ing just from these stats? Is it just that people this nitty don't c/r enough or what?

BTW I have almost no donk-betting in my game; another thing I would probably need to add.

Dire,

I agree my won$atSD% is high, but is my won$whenSF% of 41% really that low? I thought 40%+ was alright. Is wentToSD% of 21% also that low? I thought 20%+ was alright while anything less probably weak tight.

That said I have weak tight tendencies; mostly I do it to control future tilt if I get stacked in a marginal spot.

Basically I guess this style works although not in the most EV+ manner for the games I play in, but if I want to move up successfully I'll simply need to embrace more variance and simply get better.
Old 09-01-2007, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
These are excellent stats for 2 months and 44K, most players would love to have these stats, but don't have the discipline.
IMO, if you are gonna take online poker serious, now is the time for a coach, before you create any bad habits.
Old 09-01-2007, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everytime I see such nitty numbers, they always have very low W$WSF / WTSD numbers. It doesn't make much sense to me that you're playing so few hands but only winning postflop 41% of the time / only going to showdown 21% of the time. This seems to me that it would be a leak as it would mean people are often pushing you off the best hand - but it seems to be standard for this style of play.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the fact that since they are so nitty, people know they usually have a good hand and do not get to go to showdown. When you are playing a LAG style no one gives you any credit and you get called down light much more. 40% W$WSF at SSNL is what you should aim for imo.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
These are excellent stats for 2 months and 44K, most players would love to have these stats, but don't have the discipline.

[/ QUOTE ]Well, I actually started poker in November 2006 with FR, so these aren't my first 44k hands of poker, just my first 44k of 6max. I've probably played some 130k FR hands before these (ranging from NL5 to NL400). I'd be a lot more proud of them were they my first 44k hands total, but unfortunately they're not.

[ QUOTE ]
It's the fact that since they are so nitty, people know they usually have a good hand and do not get to go to showdown. When you are playing a LAG style no one gives you any credit and you get called down light much more. 40% W$WSF at SSNL is what you should aim for imo.

[/ QUOTE ]That's an interesting idea.

I'm a bit surprised that people characterize me as "so nitty". I thought I was "a bit nitty", not "super nitty". At which stats are the lines between nit / TAG / sLAG / LAG / donk generally drawn for 6max?

Also, I'd like to stress that these are stats for 5 and 6 handed games; if I'd have included the 6max games that have broken down to 4 players or less my stats would obviously be looser (not by much though - 20/16). BTW I become 24/21 when I tilt [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Now that I think of it, I actually think my nittiness is the most problematic in 3-handed games. I have only 763 hands in such, with stats of 31/25, and positional stats of 40/39 on BTN, 32/22 in SB and 20/13 in the BB. Anybody have comments on that, or is that just too small a sample size?

I feel less comfortable in 3-handed games than I do HU. HU I've seen enough videos and read the HU forum a bit; and knowing the other guy's range is random cards before he has acted and the only guy he adjusts to is me makes it simpler than 3-handed which is just so murky. Anybody have a similar problem?