Married 111 20.59%
Separated 1 0.19%
Divorced 10 1.86%
Widowed 3 0.56%
Voters: 539. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-18-2006, 12:29 PM

Default Re: this chick is fat, yo

[ QUOTE ]
1) Why does this bother you so much? Seriously, so a bunch of 19 year old zit-faced nerds think a girl is fat. Who cares??
2) Your post won't really change anything. I appreciate it. But come on...this is OOT within 2p2. Cancer will be cured sooner.

[/ QUOTE ]

i wasn't going to bother bringing this up, but most people have missed the point of my post. i was more concerned with the manner in which people express their opinions rather than that they express them. also that standards of fat here are quite umm horrifying. but mostly the first point.

as far as not having changed anything, to be honest, i think i already have.
Old 05-18-2006, 12:36 PM

Hm - you should probably re-read your OP if that was the point you were attempting to drive home, as it's easy to see how it was missed. Your OP basically notes that OOT is misogynistic and you request male 2+2'ers show pics of themselves, to underscore how laughable in your eyes it is for 2+2'ers (who you describe in a lovely fashion) to rate women so harshly:

[ QUOTE ]
ok OOT, this is my venting post. i realize by being a woman, i'm in a .5% minority, and i'm sure i will take heat for this post, but i really don't care.

this forum is one of the most misogynistic places i have ever had the pleasure of frequenting. most of it is in good fun, but it really gets out of hand sometimes. i could provide many comments and examples, but i'm sure most of you know what i'm talking about. but to be specific, i would like to explore one example, which is the frequent comments on women's weight.

just today, i have had the pleasure of reading three threads in which a woman was described as fat, or chubby, or whatever... you guys spend all day analyzing women to the slightest flaw, and laugh about it, when in reality most of you are either not socially aware or attractive enough to get with a woman with half of her "rating." who knows if i'm the only one, but i'm pretty sick of it.

i realize saying this will make nothing change, the misogyny and abusiveness will continue... as will the superficiality... fine. but hey, how about at least when you post a picture of some girl in relation to some story to rate her or whatever, you post a pic of yourself. or when you call some chick fat because she hasn't appeared in the latest playboy, post a pic of yourself and we'll see how you guys measure up. that way, while you're busy rating some girl and making fun of her, you can at least withstand the heat yourself. if you aren't man enough to do that at the very least, well then, i pity you.

[/ QUOTE ]

-Al
Old 05-18-2006, 12:42 PM

Am I the only one wondering whether the poster has big jugs?
Old 05-18-2006, 12:45 PM

cop,

her pic is on page 6 or 7 and I hear she has a nice personality.

J
Old 05-18-2006, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What does one do with a women's studies degree?

[/ QUOTE ]

First, it may surprise you that not all universities have Women's Studies or Gender Studies departments. They're not as prolific as some of you assume. For example, Cal Poly doesn't have one, but UNLV does.

The UNLV Women's Studies department's goal is to produce activists.

The graduates work in a variety of fields and most are double majors. My classmates went on to work as social workers, nurse midwives, actors, journalists, lawyers, professors, scientists, etc.
Old 05-18-2006, 12:48 PM

Location: it\'s like a puzzle with pans, if you think about it.

blarg,
um, i'm not fishing for compliments. you can think what you want about me. but i am not. compliments about my looks made by people who have only seen pictures of me that i selected for them to look at don't mean much to me. people don't really know what they're talking about. that doesn't mean i don't get sensitive about my looks either because obviously i do. i know what i look like.

just to be clear , i never said i thought people on this forum were mean to me. for the most part people have been positive toward me - i agree, i'm pretty well accepted. all i said is i don't like being used as an example of how 'respectful' people have been in response to female posters that have posted pictures. i just don't like it, ok ? that doesn't mean i have had an overwhelming negative response to my pictures at all. if you think that's what i feel you are misunderstanding me.

there are girls who haven't really had any negative things happen to them , where i feel i have, so maybe use them as examples if you need to. maybe i am 'exaggerating' the negativity by saying i have experienced it.

i am not saying i expect anything different. or that people have been unreasonable toward me. i just don't like being used as an example. it is simple. i'm pretty sure the only times i ever brought this up is when someone uses me as an example like this (this is the second time). it really doesn't matter anyway, i shouldn't have commented on it.

as i said earlier i know it could be much worse - i'm not complaining, don't get me wrong. and maybe that is what you guys are referring to ? i don't want to know.

anyway blarg i like you too but you should really just shut up about this now, thanks.
Old 05-18-2006, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
am I the only one who's shocked that elaine didn't take Mr. Miller's last name when they married? I mean, I totally didn't see that one coming.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you be shocked? When I got married in 1968, women routinely took their husbands' names upon marriage, but shortly thereafter educated women largely stopped changing their names. My younger sister, for example, never changed her name. Most of my female colleagues and wives of male colleagues did not change their names. I can only think of one younger female colleague who did change her name. She is a Slavicist, and her maiden name was English. She happened to marry a man with a Slavic surname, and she changed because having a Slavic surname was a plus in getting a job. Frankly I would have been surprised if Elaine had changed her name.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 05-18-2006, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also that standards of fat here are quite umm horrifying.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the standards of rating pictures on OOT are so high that they become a joke and people should know not to take them seriously.

A girl posts a picture and someone says she's fat and ugly, OK that hurts. Does it hurt as much when you realize someone probably said the same thing in a thread about Salma Hayak the day before?
Old 05-18-2006, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the standards of rating pictures on OOT are so high that they become a joke and people should know not to take them seriously.

A girl posts a picture and someone says she's fat and ugly, OK that hurts. Does it hurt as much when you realize someone probably said the same thing in a thread about Salma Hayak the day before?

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, this chick could totally lose at least 45lbs.
Old 05-18-2006, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, this chick could totally lose at least 45lbs.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree. she's got a nice rack, though.