Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2007, 12:42 AM

Default Re: Help! No more Visa debit cards....

[ QUOTE ]
The Visa Gift cards are blocked from all poker sites...because of the new law. I tried and even contacted the company, trying to make the card work. But, the manager said that poker sites are now blocked.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing is that FTP, I believe, uses a credit card processor that has no relation to gambling or poker sites. So, I don't understand how these gift cards can be blocked there.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:47 AM

Are they blocked on ePassporte as well? If so, then the flow of losing/reloading/new players is really cut off for some sites. For instance, I just registered with Absolute and there does not appear to be an option available that leaves bank cooperation out of the picture now if you can't use credit card or epassporte. The only live option seems to be to transfer from another site using ePassporte. I can't find a way to bring new money into the game.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:50 AM

does moneygram still work?
Old 07-29-2007, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bank of America Debit Card works great

[/ QUOTE ]

Can someone confirm this works? Are you doing a standard visa deposit? And, at which site(s). I really find this hard to believe given BofA size/exposure.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can someone confirm this works? Are you doing a standard visa deposit? And, at which site(s). I really find this hard to believe given BofA size/exposure.

[/ QUOTE ]

At FTP it works. Like I said earlier, I believe that FTP uses a credit card processor that has no relation to gambling. At Paradise, it used to be the same way. They would take my credit card for deposits when no other site would. I have used my credit and debit cards for deposits at FTP.

Would someone confirm for me that they have tried to use a Visa gift card to deposit at FTP and it has been rejected. I've seen people talk about Stars but not FTP.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At FTP it works. Like I said earlier, I believe that FTP uses a credit card processor that has no relation to gambling. At Paradise, it used to be the same way. They would take my credit card for deposits when no other site would. I have used my credit and debit cards for deposits at FTP.

Would someone confirm for me that they have tried to use a Visa gift card to deposit at FTP and it has been rejected. I've seen people talk about Stars but not FTP.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, i would like to know this too

and do the bank of america cards work on absolute?

do the visa all access/ g2g definitely not work on absolute?
Old 07-29-2007, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Now that the Visa Gift2Go and Visa All-acess cards are bring blocked...which option is best for funding online poker sites?

Please include if your experience with that option has been positive or negative? Thanks!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do people keep posting these threads without trying the search feature ONCE? You should not generalize things as broad as this.

For the record, my all access visa was able to buy into PokerStars on July 28th.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:05 PM

I think we should continue to advertise what works so the forces that be puts a stop to it...

So really, lets keep talking about it. mmmkay?
Old 07-29-2007, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think we should continue to advertise what works so the forces that be puts a stop to it...

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really think the powers that be have the common sense to come to the poker forums for research. I don't think so.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really think the powers that be have the common sense to come to the poker forums for research. I don't think so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have to be ignorant if you dont think they do... Anyways better safe then sorry... What I would suggest is to email support of poker sites and ask them what would work. They want us to get money on there sites as bad as we do, so I would think they could tell you some prepaid debit cards that would work..

My 2 cents.