Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2007, 03:59 PM

Default Raised on River

$0.25-$0.50 NL.

Villian is CO with $65.50.
Hero is BB with $51.80.

Pre-flop (5 players): Hero is dealt (A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]).

1 fold. <font color="red">Villian raises to $1.75.</font> 1 fold. SB calls. Hero calls.

Flop (7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]): Pot: $5.25.

SB checks. Hero checks. <font color="red">Villian bets $2.</font> SB folds. Hero calls.

Turn (5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]): Pot: $9.25.

Hero checks. Villian checks.

River (4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]): Pot: $9.25.

<font color="red">Hero bets $4.</font> <font color="red">Villian raises to $12.</font> Hero folds.

Villian is unknown. How often is this a bluff raise on the river? Are opponents at 0.25-0.50 good enough to bluff raise on the river? If Villian was tricky enough to bluff raise on the river, do you think he picked a good spot? Would good players fold to his raise? Would bad players at this limit fold to his raise?
Old 02-26-2007, 04:07 PM

Default Re: Raised on River

fold preflop, you are OOP. as played, fold river. a check/call would be best on the river as you are only beating a6 here.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:26 PM

You can't play A8s for TP in a raised pot. Play it for 2 pr/set (8's)/flush draw. You didn't hit any of that so just fold the flop. Calling PF is standard.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:30 PM

if you think you are ahead bet the turn. you are OOP and cant really pot control here anyway (right? its NL so he can bet anything so the pot size is unlimited? i think i understand this) could turn check and smallish river bet have induced a bluff? i dont know villian, u do, but i figger anyone is capable of this. i do this at 10NL (its still a losing play but i do it) and sometimes it comes off with nothing. i guess i call but dont raise. bummer so many of the aces you are beating have 2p. could he have checked a 5 on the turn? is he that creative?
Old 02-26-2007, 05:31 PM

this is much better than my advice. this whole post is great.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can't play A8s for TP in a raised pot. Play it for 2 pr/set (8's)/flush draw. You didn't hit any of that so just fold the flop. Calling PF is standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Err, I was gonna say PF is pretty sketchy, but flop is standard. In fact, rest of the hand looks fine to me.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
$0.25-$0.50 NL.

Villian is CO with $65.50.
Hero is BB with $51.80.

Pre-flop (5 players): Hero is dealt (A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]).

1 fold. <font color="red">Villian raises to $1.75.</font> 1 fold. SB calls. Hero calls.

Flop (7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]): Pot: $5.25.

SB checks. Hero checks. <font color="red">Villian bets $2.</font> SB folds. Hero calls.

Turn (5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]): Pot: $9.25.

Hero checks. Villian checks.

River (4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]): Pot: $9.25.

<font color="red">Hero bets $4.</font> <font color="red">Villian raises to $12.</font> Hero folds.

Villian is unknown. How often is this a bluff raise on the river? Are opponents at 0.25-0.50 good enough to bluff raise on the river? If Villian was tricky enough to bluff raise on the river, do you think he picked a good spot? Would good players fold to his raise? Would bad players at this limit fold to his raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

This line is fine until river. c/c or c/f river depending on action.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:37 PM

Without reads I would assume villain is decent. I would therefore check the river. The only value you get is from the least likely aces: A6,A2 and A3. Checking may also induce a bet from a weaker hand.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:40 PM

You're definitly beat here, the river should have been check called.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Without reads I would assume villain is decent. I would therefore check the river. The only value you get is from the least likely aces: A6,A2 and A3. Checking may also induce a bet from a weaker hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure Joe Average at these stakes is calling that river bet with any pair down to a naked 4. I would make a similar bet here for value. I see a snap call here sooo often. And 88-KK definitely aren't folding, and neither is a 7.