Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2006, 12:56 AM

Default Did I get wild with AJs?

Villian is unknown but could be loose and aggressive (73/60 over 15 hands).

Tribeca 5/10 <font color="blue">6 players</font>

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls, 1 fold, <font color="red">CO raises</font>, <font color="red">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG folds, CO calls.

Flop: 13SB J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">4 players</font>
<font color="red">SB bets</font>, BB folds, CO calls, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, CO calls.

Turn: 9.5BB J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">3 players</font>
<font color="red">SB bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, <font color="red">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="red">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

River: 17.5BB 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">2 players</font>
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets</font> ...

I guess it seemed right at the time, but doesn't this really look like how he might play 88 or 55? And the river heart can't be a good card for me either.

What do you guys think? Is this good 'ole spewage?
Old 08-19-2006, 12:58 AM

Default Re: Did I get wild with AJs?

Everything here looks good to me.
Old 08-19-2006, 01:00 AM

looks fine, the flop action doesn't look like a set, most players that donk thier sets on the flop, do it with the intention of 3 betting.
Old 08-19-2006, 04:10 AM

I'd call down from the turn 3-bet. A better read would of course be valuable. A lag could play it like this with any J, a tighter player would 3-bet the turn with only a strong J or a full house. On the river it is unlikely that he's 3-betting only a flush draw with one card to come.
Old 08-19-2006, 04:24 AM

Looks good. Villain's line looks a lot more like a worse J than it does a stronger hand than yours.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:40 AM

no qualms from my end, id just call a river lead though im thinking as puttin in 3 bets on the river after the turn action wouldnt be good i think you slow down KJ QJ J10 by that point.

gettin cr'd sucks and means you probably lost but he mite be dumb and do it with a worse hand, so its a -EV call id make without too much concern (anyone not call a river cr, im doubting it even though most will think it means we lost the hand)
Old 08-19-2006, 11:40 AM

Nope, i think its great. He's going to show you QJ, KJ, JT or even J9 enough for this to be correct. If he has 88 or 55, its doubtful he leads into you when the board pairs, he'll probably C/R most of the time. A C/R on the river would be gross, however.