Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2007, 06:16 AM

Default Re: Played Poker With A White Supremacist Last Night

Um, Ghandi grew up under colonial rule and spoke about non-violence. MLK Jr. faced discrimination and reacted with calls for brotherhood. While extrinsic forces affect how we live our lives, people still make the choices they make.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:36 AM

TT is an expert in everything. And he can edit everybody's posts!

... don't question it!

Old 10-16-2007, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We are only editing out political statements which do not belong in the B&M forum, and we also edited one image that broke the T&C of 2+2 because it contained a cures - it was changed to a link which you can still see. Everyone whose posts were edited were also contacted via PM so they know why. This is standard operating procedure.

as for the expert statement, sorry to learn your life hasn't been as interesting as mine.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:55 PM

Reading your posts TT, I'm sure that I must have seen you at the door of CB's back in the days, maybe at a Six n Violence or Murphys Law Show. Now I also wonder if I played with you in NYC at 72nd street or somewhere else. You definately have alot of knowledge and wisdom in that head of yours, it's very obvious why your a mod.

As for my last post, I am not condoning hate whether its closeted or in your face. I have had a pretty crazy life and have been able to see the world from alot of different perspectives. Things aren't always what they seem from the outside, and something that repulses you may just be par for the course for someone who lives under a different set of circumstances. As another poster said, I bet a good portion of the posters on here are either middle or upper class and have never had to look at the world from the bottom up, it's not usually a pleasant view. Theres nothing wrong with that, I wouldn't want any of you to have to experience hard times just to have a different perspective on things, but sometimes you have to walk a mile in someone elses shoes before you can judge them.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Reading your posts TT, I'm sure that I must have seen you at the door of CB's back in the days, maybe at a Six n Violence or Murphys Law Show. Now I also wonder if I played with you in NYC at 72nd street or somewhere else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes to 72nd street, I started to learn how to play for real right when 72nd street opened.

I actually toured briefly with Jimmy's band, I did guest vocals for wild thing at a few shows if my memory is correct (thats a LONG time ago mate!). Joe Bruno was my boy, we used to hang back in the day. I was his girlfriend's tag-along when I was only 15. I don't remember Six n Violence that well, was that Minus's band? My job from ages 16-17 was mostly front door and back door because I wasn't big enough to work the stage, when Big Charley left I started to work the stage when my friends bands were playing because even though I wasn't big, I could be trusted to make sure people got off fast (not a hard thing to do since they were on stage just to jump off anyway).

boy, those were the days! Times have changed. Sorry once again for the off-topic chat... old school stuff boyz.

PS: your namesake is a good friend, tell him I said hi if you see him downtown.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:32 PM

I'm a bit late to this party, but I have two points.

(1) One of the things I love about poker is that (almost always) nobody cares who you are, where you come from, who your parents are or what you look like. I have played with every ethnic group you can imagine, fat people, dumb people, smelly people, and Wendeen Eolis. Once I met a woman who was a lion tamer and had previously starred in kung fu movies. (There is another story there but this is the wrong thread.) At the table, all that matters is how you play and how you treat the other players. If you play well, and act right, you will be fine. I trust people I have met in poker more than lots of people I have been in business with. Some of the poker people that I trust, I don't even know their real names. So, suppose this guy, who may or may not be Tiny, sits down at my game. That is fine with me. I am not going to question his tats, inquire about how he got them, or speculate on the kind of person he is. I will keep an open mind and find out soon enough.

(2) Most of the people making posts about what "happens" in prison have never been inside one. Please.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
as for the expert statement, sorry to learn your life hasn't been as interesting as mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah pookie, you wouldn't know.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:33 PM

I play with white supremacists everyday -- no tattoos, just baseball caps, pants, shirt, jacket, or sweat shirt.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm playing small no-limit at the Monte Carlo last night and in walks this guy with tattoos of swastikas and "white pride" all over his body. I was pretty shocked about it, but no one else seemed to notice/care and the table remained pretty lively. The guy was about 6-4 and looked like he spent the past 10 years lifting weights in prison, so that may have had something to do with it.

The guy had a talent for sucking out and had a much younger girlfriend who was a 7 and would have been an 8 if she wasn't covered head to toe in tattoos. I guess there's no justice in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-17-2007, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One of the things I love about poker is that (almost always) nobody cares who you are, where you come from, who your parents are or what you look like.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, but isn't that the point of this whole thread? This guy DOES care who you are, where you come from, who your parents are, and what you look like. And he openly announces that he'll hate you for it and wish you dead (and possibly make you dead) if you don't align properly on the above characteristics.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
One of the things I love about poker is that (almost always) nobody cares who you are, where you come from, who your parents are or what you look like.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, but isn't that the point of this whole thread? This guy DOES care who you are, where you come from, who your parents are, and what you look like. And he openly announces that he'll hate you for it and wish you dead (and possibly make you dead) if you don't align properly on the above characteristics.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to burst your rather egocentric bubble, but if you were to encounter the fellow in question he probably wouldn’t even notice you (much less give a hoot about your linage). That is unless you were to continually suck out on him big time. Then he might in fact, actually “wish you dead”.

Considering your “heightened sensitivity” you may be deserving of kudos for ever entering the public arena.

Basically, you own your emotional response. You don’t know the story of the guy with the tat. He may or may not be all that you attribute to him. Until you are certain, if you must hate, why not hate on what the symbol represents to you, not on the man.