Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2007, 11:26 PM

Default Re: Austin Scott charged with rape, sexual assault

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Was the girl white?

If she was white he'll be found guilty, if she's black then he'll walk. Especially if this case is tried in Central Pennsyltucky, which I would imagine it would be.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate State College with a passion... but there's no way in hell that place is 1/10th as bad as some of the hellholes I've been to in Kentucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf ever been to west virginia?
Old 10-14-2007, 02:03 AM

what does west virginia have to do with State College, Kentucky, and/or his comment?
Old 10-14-2007, 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what does west virginia have to do with State College, Kentucky, and/or his comment?

[/ QUOTE ]

presumably, the notion of bucolic/hick areas where the legal system basically operates using jim crow. i will also add missouri to this list.
Old 10-14-2007, 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Rape is absolutely not about sex.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except for the whole cumming part.

[/ QUOTE ]

Talk to rapists, cops, prosecutors,etc and it's most often a power thing. Far more than just wanting to get laid. You are wrong in this instance.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol sigh not even going to comment.

[/ QUOTE ]

there you go being a d bag about it again. Tell me, do you know anything about criminal justice or the law? Or criminals?
Old 10-14-2007, 03:37 AM

Yea, I have an undergrad in Legal Studies and a minor in CJ, why?

It's all about power and control? or is it they receive immense sexual pleasure from the power and control.

Cut off rapists balls and they won't rape again. Saying it's not a sexual crime is just dumb.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Disclaimer: The views expressed in this thread are that of a controversial issue, especially since I'm female, and are mine only..not to be construed as the opinion of other females.

Whenever someone famous or well known is accused of rape I immediatly want to yell out BULL! My reasons:

1. Most women don't go to a man's room without at least THINKING that something might happen. Usually if she's at least a little inclined, she will go. If she's not, then she won't. This doesn't mean she has to give it up once there, but she KNOWS that that is what HE is thinking.

2. All (OK, OK, MOST) women are star [censored]. I can't think of a single female friend or relative that would not do a celebrity. Same holds true for men of course, they're just more willing to admit it. Doesn't mean we'll do ANY celebrity, but if we're going to a man's room who happens to be a celebrity, we're going to be putting out voluntarily.

So based on my two views above, I find him innocent. Of course, I wasn't there, but again....read above.

I think a lot of people (especially men) will agree with me and I will get slack for this thread from any women posters or from men who knows someone who has been raped.

Rape does happen, of course, just not with stars, IMO, of course.

Discuss or flame away, but I'm off to the ASU game, will check back in later.

T

[/ QUOTE ]

In the article he admits that she said no sex prior to going to his apartment. I'm no expert, but that can't be good for his defense.

[/ QUOTE ]

it really bothers me that you are willing to give stars/celebs a free pass here.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is just a bad post. You're attributing a large degree of rationality to a completely irrational action. Rape is absolutely not about sex.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not looking at it from the point of view of "why Austin Scott raped a girl." I'm looking at it from the POV of "why Austin Scott is probably innocent."

Athletes get charged with rape all the time. From Kobe to the Duke lacrosse players to the FSU player a couple years ago before the Orange Bowl. It's common.

Why? Because girls like sleeping with athletes. Especially drunk college girls. Then they wake up, realize what they've done, and cry rape because they feel all dirty. If the athlete is a professional, they could be looking for some monetary gain as well (by settling out of court).

I'm not saying ALL girls that cry rape against athletes are doing it because of these reasons, and I'm not saying that ALL athletes charged with rape are innocent. But there is a long history of athletes falsely being accused of rape in a situation where it was completely consensual.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Was the girl white?

If she was white he'll be found guilty, if she's black then he'll walk. Especially if this case is tried in Central Pennsyltucky, which I would imagine it would be.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate State College with a passion... but there's no way in hell that place is 1/10th as bad as some of the hellholes I've been to in Kentucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf ever been to west virginia?

[/ QUOTE ]

Deliverance is real, but you need to just blow up that whole Eastern part of Kentucky if you want to seperate yourself from WV.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Athletes get charged with rape all the time. From Kobe to the Duke lacrosse players to the FSU player a couple years ago before the Orange Bowl. It's common.

[/ QUOTE ]
What percentage of all college+ athletes get charged with rape, and how does that compare the general population? I don't think you've looked up the definition of common lately.
Old 10-14-2007, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Disclaimer: The views expressed in this thread are that of a controversial issue, especially since I'm female, and are mine only..not to be construed as the opinion of other females.

Whenever someone famous or well known is accused of rape I immediatly want to yell out BULL! My reasons:

1. Most women don't go to a man's room without at least THINKING that something might happen. Usually if she's at least a little inclined, she will go. If she's not, then she won't. This doesn't mean she has to give it up once there, but she KNOWS that that is what HE is thinking.

2. All (OK, OK, MOST) women are star [censored]. I can't think of a single female friend or relative that would not do a celebrity. Same holds true for men of course, they're just more willing to admit it. Doesn't mean we'll do ANY celebrity, but if we're going to a man's room who happens to be a celebrity, we're going to be putting out voluntarily.

So based on my two views above, I find him innocent. Of course, I wasn't there, but again....read above.

I think a lot of people (especially men) will agree with me and I will get slack for this thread from any women posters or from men who knows someone who has been raped.

Rape does happen, of course, just not with stars, IMO, of course.

Discuss or flame away, but I'm off to the ASU game, will check back in later.

T

[/ QUOTE ]

In the article he admits that she said no sex prior to going to his apartment. I'm no expert, but that can't be good for his defense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if she said that and still went to his room, then she was seduced, IMO. Then probably got all pissed off at herself for giving in and cried rape.

T