Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2007, 02:41 PM

Default Expensive KJ

Villain is unknown 35/4/2 after 25 hands.

PokerStars 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (18 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (17 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls.

River: (21 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, SB folds, BB folds.

Final Pot: 23 BB

PF: Maybe a little bit on the loose side, i thought people would respect my raise a little bit more [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I make it 4 because of the overcalls.

Flop: I like it. When he makes it 3, iīm concerned to be against AK or AA, but with the overcalls i decide to make it one more.

Turn+River: He keeps betting, but i made the pot so big i have to call. (Maybe i have some outs)

Just a little bit too aggressive ?
Old 09-01-2007, 02:42 PM

Default Re: Expensive KJ

Wow.

Just wow.

What did you put him on when he kicked your ass on the flop?
And then on the turn?
And then on the river?
Old 09-01-2007, 02:45 PM

PF is good
flop, just call down from the 3-bet. With a read you can fold the turn. [edit] or river.[/Edit]

the LRR is anything from AA to zomfg-how-dare-u-go-agressive-on-ma-when I limp 37s.
Old 09-01-2007, 02:48 PM

Yeah, i know things got out of control - but on the flop im still not convinced if he isnīt betting a flushdraw.
Old 09-01-2007, 02:51 PM

I would not have raised preflop.

LRR may just be because that player wanted to build a big pot, but sometimes it is AA or KK, and I would just have called the flop 3-bet.

I would probably have called the turn bet, but check/folded the river unimproved.
Old 09-01-2007, 02:51 PM

Preflop, I just limp. If it were suited, I raise though

On the flop, there is no way I cap. You raised preflop and on the flop saying you have at least Kx. I would need a read to know that he 3-bets QQ or something here enough to cap, otherwise, this is looking a lot like AA/KK/AK with you being nice enough to help him collect money.
Old 09-01-2007, 05:15 PM

I'm not raising preflop with KJ. It's a pretty marginal hand.

I like the flop raise to try to protect your hand and get it heads up. I wouldn't be capping here, though. Villain's 3bet is showing a lot of strength, so I just call down.

I like your turn and river.
Old 09-01-2007, 06:11 PM

pf is meh... I prolly limp.

flop cap is nasty.. I actually think you can find a fold somewhere after the flop...
Old 09-01-2007, 08:03 PM

GRUNCH:
Just call preflop. KJo is definitely not strong enough to raise with the limpers already in.
I think I just call down from first flop bet. If UTG+1 isn't totally crazy, you're behind his entire range. The thing about LRRs from someone whom you don't have a solid read on is that you don't know what it represents. You're basically hoping that he's doing something stupid. Can we find a fold on that lousy river card though considering we're not closing the action?
Old 09-02-2007, 08:36 AM

ridiculous