Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2007, 08:53 PM

Default Re: ***Official July Fantasy Baseball Thread***

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you would need to deal a few of your guys for Albert, start with a few you dont need.

so, is Jack Cust for real? would anyone give up Chris B Young for him?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cust will not be worth having (at least in a mixed league) when Piazza gets back. Piazza will be the primary DH, with Stewart / Kotsay / Swisher in the OF and Johnson at 1B. As much as Cust K's, inconsistent playing time will make it really hard for him to get on any kind of a roll. Also, Cust's current BABIP is around .350; it will come down (his K:BB ratio has been declining rapidly as well). I'd rather have Chris B. Young than Cust.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is mostly true regardless, but today on SC, Olney said that the A's will be looking to move Johnson and/or Piazza come the end of July, because of the excess at 1B/OF/DH.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Haren and Cust for Sheffield and Kevin Gregg

pretty baller trade eh?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good deal as well your others. It looks like everybody wants to overpay for Haren. See if you can milk some more out of the other guys, but don't let it linger. It won't take but one or two bad starts and people will cool off on Haren.

[/ QUOTE ]

alright

im trying to move haren straight up for bonds then

my plan is to get him straight up if i can... or parlay another trade, like you said, to get bonds for haren somehow without giving anything else up

if i get bonds im going to try to move dunn for ichiro

ill keep cust and play him on bond's off-days

sound good?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like a good plan.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
karak,

are you not concerned that bonds is going to play, like, once every three days after he hits 756?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a concern, but is offset by the chance that he gets traded to an AL contender. He would be in a better lineup (more runs, RBI) and get to DH (more at bats=more everything and OBP and SLG have more of an impact).

Edited to add: I know Safeco, Oakland, and the Big A are not the friendliest of confines, but they are much better than San Fransisco. He'd also get to avoid a bunch of games in San Diego.

Second Edit: And don't think A-Rod isn't at the front of Bonds' mind.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you would need to deal a few of your guys for Albert, start with a few you dont need.

so, is Jack Cust for real? would anyone give up Chris B Young for him?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on your category need. I've got Young, so I've been tracking him closely. Last check, his luck adjusted line would be .290/.330/.500 with 22 HR (season). Of course he'll give you some speed as well. I don't think Cust will be able to mantain rates that good, but he should hit more HRs. One other concern that could arise is the A's punting. Actually, as I think about, that'd be good for Cust because it would solidify his PT.
Old 07-12-2007, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ok some guy near last place is shopping poo holes

he wants a SP and another player

i don't need him that bad, but i have some pieces to deal if i can get a good one.

my SP: maine, randy j, marshall, maddux, d lowe, vasquez

i could deal a RP: accardo, betancourt, bell, okajima, villanueva (holds count, so those last 4 have all been v v good)

or i could move one of my bats: manny, mauer, luis gonzalez, mike cameron, zimmerman, etc. i also have victor martinez but i'd rather not trade him.

what's your initial offer? how high do you go?

[/ QUOTE ]

A catcher and a good pitcher? Maybe a catcher and two pitchers if the second is Marshall or DLowe?
Old 07-12-2007, 07:33 PM

I'm looking to add another arm to fill up my innings. This is a standard 12-team 5X5 roto league. I need help in SB,HR,R,and RBI. I want to get a mid-range innings-eater so I can deal an ace for something primo in the OF.

What do you guys think of this deal? I'm really deep in the bullpen but shallow on starting pitching.

Give Posada and Rafael Betancourt... Get Estrada and Gorzellany.

Does anyone else expect estrada and posada to be fairly comparable for the 2nd half? Estrada good enough for Gorzellany to make up the difference?

Thx,

Card
Old 07-13-2007, 02:51 AM

guys,

do you consider benching sizemore against a decent LHP? his three year split vs. lefties is something like .220/.290/.375.

my choice for tomorrow is

sizemore @ KC (vs. perez, insignificant sample size vs. him)

or

cameron @ ARI (vs. doug davis, cameron is 13/38 against him w/ 2 HR)

other info: cameron has been pretty hot and is usually a june/july guy over the course of his career. sizemore has struggled a bit on the road at times this year but doesn't have any career split. both davis and perez have sucked.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:03 AM

I'd never bench Sizemore. That probably borders on over-managing, I think. Can we bench someone else in favor of Cameron? Because I do like that matchup.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm looking to add another arm to fill up my innings. This is a standard 12-team 5X5 roto league. I need help in SB,HR,R,and RBI. I want to get a mid-range innings-eater so I can deal an ace for something primo in the OF.

What do you guys think of this deal? I'm really deep in the bullpen but shallow on starting pitching.

Give Posada and Rafael Betancourt... Get Estrada and Gorzellany.

Does anyone else expect estrada and posada to be fairly comparable for the 2nd half? Estrada good enough for Gorzellany to make up the difference?

Thx,

Card

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think Estrada will be comparable to Posada in the second half, really... so I think the whole "trade for Gorzo to trade an ace, to get an OF with HR/RBI" thing might be counterproductive. You might give away as big a difference as you gain.

But, if you think Estrada will be comparable to Posada, then it's a good idea, since you're deep in the pen and can afford to make some moves based on that.

How do SV look? Can we afford to deal a good closer for an OF to a team that needs SV? You might try that route, a direct RP for OF type of deal, instead of taking the circular way (dealing C/RP for C/SP, then SP for OF).
Old 07-13-2007, 03:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
guys,

do you consider benching sizemore against a decent LHP? his three year split vs. lefties is something like .220/.290/.375.

my choice for tomorrow is

sizemore @ KC (vs. perez, insignificant sample size vs. him)

or

cameron @ ARI (vs. doug davis, cameron is 13/38 against him w/ 2 HR)

other info: cameron has been pretty hot and is usually a june/july guy over the course of his career. sizemore has struggled a bit on the road at times this year but doesn't have any career split. both davis and perez have sucked.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd roll with Cameron if it's only one day.