Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2007, 08:31 PM

Default UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH

Dude is 18/2/1.1 over 224 hands. Pure nit. I was ready to muck but then I thought... would he play a set like this? Isn't he more likely to have a pocket pair here?

This was my 2nd orbit at the table. Stats I have on the guy are from datamining, so he probably has no read on me.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($502)
BB ($404)
UTG ($302.10)
MP ($294.40)
CO ($265.50)
Hero ($410.70)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $4, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $18</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $14, MP calls $14.

Flop: ($56) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $48</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $200</font>, MP folds,
Old 04-15-2007, 08:39 PM

Default Re: UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH

i take it you're very nitty
Old 04-15-2007, 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

depends how tilty i am
Old 04-15-2007, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol yah...i don't get the question. He could def. have a set/two pair/nut draw here as often as a flush...I push this just about always and chalk it up to bad luck if I lose.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol yah...i don't get the question. He could def. have a set/two pair/nut draw here as often as a flush...I push this just about always and chalk it up to bad luck if I lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that versus 98% of my competition I get it all in and don't think twice, but over 220 hands this dude looked so goddamn nitty.

I can't really describe it but the timing of his raise.. felt like he had a big one. COOLER ME AGAIN JESUS.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:47 PM

definitely jam. there are a lot of turn cards that can kill action from hands you have significant equity against.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that versus 98% of my competition I get it all in and don't think twice, but over 220 hands this dude looked so goddamn nitty.

I can't really describe it but the timing of his raise.. felt like he had a big one. COOLER ME AGAIN JESUS.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh didn't see the part about him being super nitty, my bad. I still get it in, but yeah, i don't feel as great abou t it
Old 04-15-2007, 08:51 PM

He's definitely trying to price you out, so he doesn't have the nut flush. Can't have a Q high flush, cuz that makes a straight flush which is even better than the nut flush (and it's not in his pf range anyway). And he's nitty, so he wouldn't call with SCs OOP? Only K high flush he can have is KQs, again assuming that he calls with that hand OOP (KTs not in his range, I don't think?). Odds of him having a flush here are pretty low, IMO.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:13 PM

Yeah I don't think I would fold this just because he probably isn't calling with low SCs preflop and would likely fold some stuff like ATs/QTs too. Shove before the board gets scarier for him.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:18 PM

these hands your pasting are just coolers if you lost, there not interesting at all