Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2006, 08:33 AM

Default PS 3/6 Pocket Queens, good laydown or too weak

Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $3/$6
6 players
Converter

UTG +1 is 66/7/.6 I have seen UTG+1 call 2 bets cold with middle pair on the flop previously
CO is 18/14/3 and a good player. Will bet his draws on the flop

[b]Pre-flop:6 players Hero is Button with :q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] :q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, CO raises, Hero 3-bets, 2 folds, UTG+1 calls, CO calls.

[b]Flop: :5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] :9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] :a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (10.33SB, 3 players)
UTG+1 checks, CO bets, Hero raises, UTG+1 calls, CO 3-bets, Hero ?

So far I have 3 bet 2 opponents preflop and raised into 2 opponents on the flop. With the A on the board, don't I have to assume at least one of these opponents has an A and I have only 2 outs? If I was HU against either, I could find reasons to call this 3 bet as there is a flush draw and I could see CO being aggressive with a pair and FD, but am I wrong to fold on the flop vs 2 opponents here.
Old 10-28-2006, 05:06 PM

Default Re: PS 3/6 Pocket Queens, good laydown or too weak

I'd call, arn't you getting almost 20:1 here?
I also think you are more likely to see an aggressivly played flush draw (with or without a pair) in a multiway pot as compared to a HU pot.
Old 10-28-2006, 08:47 PM

Default Re: PS 3/6 Pocket Queens, good laydown or too weak

It's pretty close, but im leaning to a fold. While you ALMOST have odds to go for a set you really don't.
You have to discount the club out, because there's a decent chance of one of them having a FD (Plus, it would be -EV to call to the river here and theres no way everyone will just start checking the turn/river if you have them beatm so the very small chance your hand is good plays almost no factor).

Therefore your impied odds are cut, not to mention the redraw to the club.

While normally these are small issues that slightly sway your odds , when you're drawing to 20 to 1 odd type hands, things like this are very important.

Plus the very small chance fishy will cap.

It's very very close though, if you had the Q of clubs it would be a clear call IMO.