Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 01:09 AM

Default Re: Poker and Job Interviews

I go to NYU. I've been interviewing a lot, and I have Professional Poker Player first on my list for work experience on my resume. I will be having my 7th interview next week. Most of my interviews I have gotten through my resume. Of course, there are other factors to consider. I'm mainly applying for jobs on Wall Street such as trading and quantitative analyst positions. Also, I have a high GPA which helps. For the most part, however, poker always becomes a large part of the interview and the interviewers seem to enjoy it or are fascinated by it. Of course, I also have good results and cashed at the WSOP ME, which is always the starting point of discussion. I would recommend you put poker if the qualities of a good poker player relate to your job and you have good proven results.
Old 11-08-2007, 03:08 PM

Default Re: Poker and Job Interviews

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for yalls input

[/ QUOTE ]

its probably not wise to say yall in the interview either [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you hear me speaking, and you think I'm an idiot because I say "yall," I don't want to work for you; I probably don't even want to know you.