Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: POLL TIME
ALLLLLLLLLLLL IN! 15 88.24%
ALLLLLLLLLLLL IN, j/k fold stupid 2 11.76%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-11-2007, 04:30 PM

Default Re: New Radiohead album - Pay what you think is fair??

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I can say though that Reckoner is sounding better and better.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes,. love it

[/ QUOTE ]

very true...this was the sleeper for me...i knew i'd like 15 steps, arpeggi and nude, but reckoner [censored] kicks ass...
Old 10-11-2007, 05:03 PM

I find everyone's favorite song lists interesting because I don't view Radiohead as a song band, their albums are works of art and should be appreciated as a whole. I did a shuffle of all the Radiohead songs and it just doesn't flow as well when not in album sequence.

Another observation - the vast majority of 20-somethings got into Radiohead with Kid A. Its only natural that it's their favorite album. For me it's OK Computer followed by Hail to the Thief, Amnesiac, The Bends, Kid A. Pablo Honey is just nostalgia, nothing more - it doesn't stand the test of time next to their other works.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Another observation - the vast majority of 20-somethings got into Radiohead with Kid A.

[/ QUOTE ]

20 somethings is way too broad - this could apply to people who are ~21, maybe. I'm 26 and I remember Creep on the radio, and I definitely remember hearing The Bends and OK Computer quite a bit my first year or two of college.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After 3 listens Reckoner is my favorite song.

I think from Weird Fishes on this album is amazing but I still can't get into the first three tracks which has dragged it down overall. I find that kind of interesting because most people seem to love Bodysnatchers and Nude.

Also can someone find me a link where I can download (legally) some live Radiohead concert tapes or anything with a decent sound quality. I am used to listening to taper pulls from concerts but the Radiohead ones I have heard have been bad, almost unlistenable.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you search by my name, or Patrick Del Poker Grande, + Radiohead, you'll find a link to a few lossless Radiohead trading sites.

this convo was 12+ months ago iirc

edit: here

you can search by the soundboard ones, which should be great quality.

radiohub is the site Patrick founded, which has all lossless recordings. it's just 1 or 2 additional steps to download.
Old 10-11-2007, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Another observation - the vast majority of 20-somethings got into Radiohead with Kid A.

[/ QUOTE ]

20 somethings is way too broad - this could apply to people who are ~21, maybe. I'm 26 and I remember Creep on the radio, and I definitely remember hearing The Bends and OK Computer quite a bit my first year or two of college.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm 22 and OK Comp was my favorite album a couple years before Kid A came out. But Kid A tops my list, although I admit it's close enough to almost be pointless to distinguish.

1. Kid A
2. OK Comp
3. Amnesiac
4. Hail to the Thief
5. The Bends

I'm not listing In Rainbows because I've only listened to it once so far. But I love it so far (maybe above hail and below amnesiac at the moment).

Edit: Also, I listen to more "electronic" music now then I do traditional rock (spurred by Kid A and Amnesiac), so I bet this is a lot of a style/taste thing.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
question - anyone know if there is album artwork to go with the download? iTunes feels naked without an image.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is the artwork according to Greenplastic.com

Old 10-11-2007, 08:18 PM

"Gotcha bitch!"

Radiohead is still going to release this album through a record label and they will have more content on that version than the digital versions available for download.

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/cop-out/radio...uary-309948.php

I will now go dl it and pay $0
Old 10-11-2007, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Gotcha bitch!"

Radiohead is still going to release this album through a record label and they will have more content on that version than the digital versions available for download.

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought this had been known for a while?

TT, i am 24 and got into radiohead with ok computer. i remember creep on the radio but i didn't have the album. i do have it on some old mtv comp from like 95 or whenever that was.
Old 10-11-2007, 08:41 PM

I paid $0. Giving music away for free is dumb.
Old 10-11-2007, 09:10 PM
 is offline

[ QUOTE ]
"Gotcha bitch!"

[/ QUOTE ]

As he is free to do!

The rest of what he says is basically either speculation based on very little or comepletely false.

They said and it's been known "all along" that it was going to be released as a cd eventually and though I can't rule it out, I would be suprised if they signed with one of the big four and not an independent label which he fails to mention they've also had talks with.
Thom has mentioned many times that he liked working with XL who released "The Eraser".

I don't get his beef with extra material either.
I mean what did he think cd2 was?
Cd2 was not a secret and included with it was the download and vinyl which is what the true audiophiles prefer anyway.

I do think it can be argued that it was a mistake that they didn't say it was going to be 160kpbs but people knew it was an mp3 and I do think it's fair that they just wanted to make it better quality than what people pay for at Itunes.