Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2006, 12:09 PM

Default omaha high

I just played my first small Omaha game, and I just want to be clear on one point. Do you have to use 2 cards from your hole cards, so for example, if you have the As and no other spades in the hole and the board has 4 spades, do you have a nut flush or are you forced to only play 3 spades from the board and so you don't have a flush. Thanks
Old 11-15-2006, 01:13 PM

Default Re: omaha high

You have to play at least two cards, but ONLY two. So your correct, if there are 4 of a particular suit on board, but only one in your hand, you don't have a flush.

Also, if you have AAA2 in your hand and an A on board, you don't have quads. You only have a set.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:15 PM

And like PJS said, you can use ONLY two. So if uve got 3 spades in your hand and 2 on the board u havent got a flush. Also watch out when you think u have a full house.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You have to play at least two cards, but ONLY two. So your correct, if there are 4 of a particular suit on board, but only one in your hand, you don't have a flush.

Also, if you have AAA2 in your hand and an A on board, you don't have quads. You only have a set.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correction /clarification - you MUST use 2 cards in your hand and you MUST use 3 cards on the board in Omaha.
Old 11-15-2006, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Correction /clarification - you MUST use 2 cards in your hand and you MUST use 3 cards on the board in Omaha.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, thanks for that, I wasn't too clear there [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img].

One last thing, as we said, because you have to use 2 cards out of your hand (and 3 on board), this means you CANNOT play the board (as in Hold'em). I stress this again because I have seen people try.

PJS
Old 11-15-2006, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I stress this again because I have tried.

Morn

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2006, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I stress this again because I have tried.

Morn

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, yeah, u got me! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2006, 08:35 PM

thanks for the info. btw, it is a very fun game, so much more to look than hold em