UTG: 10,820
UTG+1: 10,550
UTG+2: 8,906
MP1: 2,649
MP2: 12,375
CO: 9,018
Hero (BTN): 6,245
SB: 30,693

Pre-Flop: (1,350) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
4 folds, MP2 calls 600, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to 6,195 and is All-In</font>, SB folds, BB calls 5,595, MP2 folds

Flop: (13,740) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Turn: (13,740) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: (13,740) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

I hate pushing into the big stacks,
but i've got a supertight table image...
then again this is the first hand ITM.

Was this a bad move?
Old 10-23-2007, 05:26 PM

Default Re: $4/180 - Shoving 1st hand after bubble

This is bad, people will be going nuts the first hand after the bubble trying to get some chips since the FT is the next pay jump. Your raise will be viewed as what it is, and people will be willing to gamble with just about anything.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is bad, people will be going nuts the first hand after the bubble trying to get some chips since the FT is the next pay jump. Your raise will be viewed as what it is, and people will be willing to gamble with just about anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

-ZEN
Old 10-23-2007, 05:33 PM

What should be my range for shoving here?

Is 97s a bad shove not taking the bubble into consideration?
Old 10-23-2007, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What should be my range for shoving here?

Is 97s a bad shove not taking the bubble into consideration?

[/ QUOTE ]

If the guy had open limped before with that stack size then I'd be happy shoving here. He's getting a decent price on a call though, so I'd want to see him limp, preferably limp then fold to a shove, before I made this play. However, there's nothing at all wrong with open shoving a 10 BB stack with 97s on the button barring the bubble considerations.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:46 PM

if your image is tight AND RECOGNIZED as such by the 4 180 players it's good...
Old 10-23-2007, 05:50 PM

I knew MP2/SB would fold,
But the BB is new to my table.
Thinking back I think I should've folded because the BB would have to assume this is an empty threat..
Old 10-23-2007, 06:38 PM

if you folded out the initial raiser than your play was correct..if we are in late position we are playing the players behind us...if the blinds wake up with a monster than it's just bad timing...this is a pretty important thing to remember...we are making a move on the limper and betting that the blinds are not going to gt lucky enough (or be savvy enough) to call without a huge hand...

lately this has been happening to me a lot and I decided that I woudn't stress over it...if you get a good spot in LP play the players behind rather than the blinds unles stacks merit it...

play was fine...sorry it didnt work out
Old 10-23-2007, 07:10 PM

After the bubble pops is a horrible time to be depending on your image. First off, your table has at minimum 3 new players, maybe as many as six, so even if you've been playing like a rock, at least 1/3rd of the table hasn't seen you play a hand. Second, is anybody going to be surprised that you were playing tight on the bubble with a 1/2 average stack? Of course not. So even if the players against whom you're playing (SB, BB, and limper specifically) have been at your table, and seen you playing tight you won't get any credit for it.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if you folded out the initial raiser than your play was correct..if we are in late position we are playing the players behind us...if the blinds wake up with a monster than it's just bad timing...this is a pretty important thing to remember...we are making a move on the limper and betting that the blinds are not going to gt lucky enough (or be savvy enough) to call without a huge hand...

lately this has been happening to me a lot and I decided that I woudn't stress over it...if you get a good spot in LP play the players behind rather than the blinds unles stacks merit it...

play was fine...sorry it didnt work out

[/ QUOTE ]

so weak quoting myself but I think this is a point that merits discussion...In LP with high blinds or antes if we get coolered by the blinds waking up with a hand it DOES NOT mean our play is incorrect...you have to gamble at some points and with action in front you and your push you are forcing the blinds to have a legit hand to call...if they do than it's bad luck especially if you would have folded out the limpers and added a huge boost to your stack...