Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 10:58 AM

Default Re: WCOOP main event sensation - winner under investigation

If people want to keep talking about this, they can start a new thread that hasn't been ruined by a troll.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"PokerStars's standard practice is to conduct a special security review for players in each large tournament, including the Sunday Million and WCOOP events."

So you have no mechanism in place to catch cheaters like ZeeJustin unless its reported to you or its one of 2 major events? Sounds like you have great security.

"At this time the review is completed for all players in the WCOOP Main Event which concluded on October 1, except for the winner, where the investigation is continuing. We hope to conclude it as soon as possible."

Maybe if you don't don anything it will just go away and online pokers credability will be restored.

"The details of all security investigations are confidential."

Of course it is. To reveal to much would harm your reputaion

"This player has also requested that their personal information is not disclosed, and therefore PokerStars cannot divulge information about the player's identity."

Even cheaters have rights I guess.

"Stephen W.
Manager, PokerStars Game Security"

How many employees are in your department?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow pleaze ban...what a pointless flame

Just be patient and time will tell all, Stars support doesnt have to bother posting anything here and it aint right to start flaming them when they do.

If you really expected them to come here and tell all already, pass me that smoke yor smokin!
Old 10-04-2007, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"PokerStars's standard practice is to conduct a special security review for players in each large tournament, including the Sunday Million and WCOOP events."

So you have no mechanism in place to catch cheaters like ZeeJustin unless its reported to you or its one of 2 major events? Sounds like you have great security.

[/ QUOTE ]

What part of "special security review" do you not understand? Hint: the bolded word indicates that there are other, regular, security reviews.

[ QUOTE ]
"At this time the review is completed for all players in the WCOOP Main Event which concluded on October 1, except for the winner, where the investigation is continuing. We hope to conclude it as soon as possible."

Maybe if you don't don anything it will just go away and online pokers credability will be restored.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right after he says that PokerStars is doing something - like investigating. No Gold Star on the forehead for you today!

[ QUOTE ]
"The details of all security investigations are confidential."

Of course it is. To reveal to much would harm your reputaion

[/ QUOTE ]

Or would harm the investigation, or the potentially innocent person being investigated (see below).

[ QUOTE ]
"This player has also requested that their personal information is not disclosed, and therefore PokerStars cannot divulge information about the player's identity."

Even cheaters have rights I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now you're complaining that PokerStars protects the identity of players on their site? Guilty until proven innocent in your world, apparently.

I accuse you of being a stupid troll. Using your "logic", it must be time for 2+2 to reveal your real name.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-04-2007, 12:07 PM

As someone poking his head into this thread for the first time, can someone give me a Cliff's Notes?
Old 10-04-2007, 12:13 PM

How long does the investigation take? My take is the investigation is complete and they are just discussing amongst themselves what to do.

I have had stars investigate complaints for me before and they lied to me. Then when I supplied 100% proof postive they had to back track, yet they still used their legal disrection to take no action versus the offending party. Please excuse me if I seem skeptical.

I think its a valid question to be asking what is stars doing to prevent this in the future and not catch it after the fact. Thats the real question here. The future of online poker depends on it.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:14 PM

it's interesting how everyone was berating the usa for making on-line poker illegal

Uh, online poker is not illegal in the US.
Old 10-04-2007, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

this is so bad its not even worth responding to. completely missed the point. are you suggesting police just sit back and let crimes happen when it profits them? would you be ok with that situation?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello, have the recent events of this country in the last 7 years not proven that to you?
Old 10-04-2007, 02:14 PM

Old 10-04-2007, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

this is so bad its not even worth responding to. completely missed the point. are you suggesting police just sit back and let crimes happen when it profits them? would you be ok with that situation?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello, have the recent events of this country in the last 7 years not proven that to you?

[/ QUOTE ]

which country?
Old 10-04-2007, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

which country?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, US.
Closed Thread