Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 08:19 AM

Default Re: WCOOP main event sensation - winner under investigation

[ QUOTE ]
this is so bad its not even worth responding to. completely missed the point. are you suggesting police just sit back and let crimes happen when it profits them? would you be ok with that situation?

[/ QUOTE ]

And how do you know that Stars didn't do anything to prevent? Can police prevent all crimes? WE don't even know there was a crime here, just that there is a suspicion.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PokerStars's standard practice is to conduct a special security review for players in each large tournament, including the Sunday Million and WCOOP events.

At this time the review is completed for all players in the WCOOP Main Event which concluded on October 1, except for the winner, where the investigation is continuing. We hope to conclude it as soon as possible.

The details of all security investigations are confidential.

This player has also requested that their personal information is not disclosed, and therefore PokerStars cannot divulge information about the player's identity.

Stephen W.
Manager, PokerStars Game Security

[/ QUOTE ]
OK, so something is going on, but the matter is confidential.

let the speculating continue then.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PokerStars's standard practice is to conduct a special security review for players in each large tournament, including the Sunday Million and WCOOP events.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stephen-
Did you find people playing mltiple accounts in WCOOP tourneys? What was the extent of this - how many account were closed?

Thanks.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]

At this time the review is completed for all players in the WCOOP Main Event which concluded on October 1, except for the winner, where the investigation is continuing. We hope to conclude it as soon as possible.

The details of all security investigations are confidential.

This player has also requested that their personal information is not disclosed, and therefore PokerStars cannot divulge information about the player's identity.

Stephen W.
Manager, PokerStars Game Security

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome, thanks for coming on here and not telling us anything about something that you can tell us nothing about.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:40 AM

so all players of WCOOPME are clear of any security breaches BUT ONE PLAYER, and that player happens to be the winner?

rigged.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:01 AM

don't worry Stephen I already know the identity of the person using the accounts, I'm just waiting for you guys to catch up and do something about it...
Old 10-04-2007, 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so all players of WCOOPME are clear of any security breaches BUT ONE PLAYER, and that player happens to be the winner?

rigged.

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't say all other players were cleared, just that they've finished their review of all other players. However, if they've reviewed all the other accounts in the tournament then that should mean they already know whether the winner had another account in the tournament, so I have no idea what the are doing now, unless they know the winner was multi-accounting and are just trying to decide on the appropriate punishment.

--Zetack
Old 10-04-2007, 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

rigged.

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't say that. He just said the reviews are completed without actually telling us anything about what those reviews uncovered.

He basically took the time to tell us that reviews are being conducted, but absolutely nothing about those reviews can or will be revealed. The only way we'll ever find out what happened is when somebody makes a thread on here "ZOMG Stars took my monies!!"
Old 10-04-2007, 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Another suspicious activity would be if several accounts playing in the same tourney were created/financed shortly before the tournament and were financed by a common source.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ding. I wanted to type this earlier and never got around to it. Well done.
People dismissing the first time winner aspect (as apparently PokerStars is doing in that email) have no idea how to put it in perspective.
Multiple accounts sharing the same funding, addresses (physical and or computer), and potentially timing in creation are the parts we cannot see.
If Stars wants to get to the bottom of this they surely can.
I will remain optimistic that they do.

and yes... more coltranedog please.

[/ QUOTE ]

although this certainly would make it more likely, there's still plenty of legit reasons, and the "I was staking my sister cause I'm rich and she wanted to play" is still completely possible given all the information you have found. You're going to have to find something cleverer to have proof. Personally, I like the timing idea that was mentioned earlier in the thread a lot.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:32 AM

"PokerStars's standard practice is to conduct a special security review for players in each large tournament, including the Sunday Million and WCOOP events."

So you have no mechanism in place to catch cheaters like ZeeJustin unless its reported to you or its one of 2 major events? Sounds like you have great security.

"At this time the review is completed for all players in the WCOOP Main Event which concluded on October 1, except for the winner, where the investigation is continuing. We hope to conclude it as soon as possible."

Maybe if you don't don anything it will just go away and online pokers credability will be restored.

"The details of all security investigations are confidential."

Of course it is. To reveal to much would harm your reputaion

"This player has also requested that their personal information is not disclosed, and therefore PokerStars cannot divulge information about the player's identity."

Even cheaters have rights I guess.

"Stephen W.
Manager, PokerStars Game Security"

How many employees are in your department?
Closed Thread