Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2007, 03:50 PM

Default Re: How often do you guys do this

All the time.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:42 PM

Do you all expect 2 players to fold on the flop enough at 5/T to try this? If you say so I believe you. At fishy 2/4 it would be a spew since calling stations would peel with one overcard or a 2-gap gutshot or any random two cards. But I play tables with average 45% WTSD and never bluffbet flop since its just a spew...
Old 08-17-2007, 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you all expect 2 players to fold on the flop enough at 5/T to try this? If you say so I believe you. At fishy 2/4 it would be a spew since calling stations would peel with one overcard or a 2-gap gutshot or any random two cards. But I play tables with average 45% WTSD and never bluffbet flop since its just a spew...

[/ QUOTE ]

I play loose ((SF of 42-50%) tables at 3/6 5/10 and at those tables this is a very profitable bet.And so are bets on rainbow one broadway boards. I used to keep record of those kind of bets and on average I took it down something like 1 out of 2.2 times or so.
You just canīt do it against the worst cases of fish or maniacs.
But against the players described in this hand I would be surprised if you won less than half the time.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:29 PM

often. i always take notes about these little pots. i really want to know if these guys peel loose in urps (unraised pots), so i can take advantage of this later. if these guys fold anywhere near 100% of the time they have no pair, the bluff is highly profitable.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:52 PM

I basically never do this cuz the utg limper is almost always some fish who's gunning for me and he's gonna make me barrel off or make a pair.

If I'm new to the table or its full ring or something then I'll do it a bunch.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Often, we remember the times when a play doesn't work. They call our bets and we have to give up the bluff. But what we tend to forget is the times they fold and we win the $$. Those times aren't very memorable, but they happen more often then we remember them to.

One player has checked, indicating no hand. The other player shouldn't have anything that fits this flop, so a good chance he folds. Once he folds, the other guy figures it ain't worth it to keep you honest if he even has a K or A. EZ bet.