Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 01:02 PM

Default Re: biggest whales in today\'s game

[ QUOTE ]
isnt the biggest fish right now by far "Noataima"

[/ QUOTE ]

I explictly stated that Guy Laliberte is not an acceptable answer.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also why do we call really big fish "whales"

[/ QUOTE ]
AFAK a whale is generally someone that have made lots of money from other sources than poker that likes to play high stakes games for fun and is not very good at it.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
isnt the biggest fish right now by far "Noataima"

[/ QUOTE ]

I explictly stated that Guy Laliberte is not an acceptable answer.

[/ QUOTE ]

there are really no more huge whales unforutnately, just lots of tourney players who are ridiculosuly good at tournaments and give all their money away in cash games
Old 08-08-2007, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
there are really no more huge whales unforutnately, just lots of tourney players who are ridiculosuly good at tournaments and give all their money away in cash games

[/ QUOTE ]

Townsend says in his blog there's lots of young supernovas who have sold their businesses and now want a piece of the action. Dropping a million or two is no big deal to these guys.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Townsend says in his blog there's lots of young supernovas who have sold their businesses and now want a piece of the action. Dropping a million or two is no big deal to these guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah but at todays stakes thats like 3 days
Old 08-08-2007, 01:52 PM

I thought whales were just super rich people that like to gamble? Blackjack whales bet at least 5k-10k/hand, for example
Old 08-08-2007, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
also why do we call really big fish "whales"

[/ QUOTE ]

noataima = guy laliberte

the origin of the term whale:

once upon a time there was a small fish. this small fish was always picked on by other fish and this made him very sad. one day he became very determined to get his revenge and suddenly an idea popped into his head!

"if i somehow became 2900000 times larger then surely the bitchass fish would not be able to pick on me!"

determined as he was, he could think of a way to fulfil his dream of becoming 2900000 times larger. he decided to consult the oracle of the sea...

the fish was unphased and begged the oracle to proceed. the oracle obliged and suddenly the fish grew to a size previously unheard of to all but david benyamine.

"mwahhahhahachahchahcahcaaya!!!" cackled the the fish and he went to assault the fish that had picked on him so.

when he found them at last they were all sitting around a homegame playing teh pokah. surely they would not recognize him and he thought it better to take their monies first and then terrorize them so he asked to sit in. the game was a mixed game of 2-4NLH and party black jack (they were in international waters so its legal).

after a couple rounds the big fish knew that something was, well, fishy... one minnow had gotten aces 7 times in 30 hands. this is statistically impossible to anyone who has passed statistics 101. then this hand came up...

the big fish was sitting on a stack of $#%#24,000 ($#%# = animal kingdom dollars, btw) and was covered by the minnow. the big fish peeked at his cards and saw two of the most beautiful cards in the deck, two aces of spades. now AAs is a rare hand so the big fish decided to slowplay it.

he minraised UTG and shook his head in fake 'disgust' saying "SIGH i think i will loosen up a bit, heh..." he was already on the 3rd level of thinking with this expert play. the minnow insta raised him to 400, a very coy 28.5potsized raise. the big fish thought and thought and could only put this minnow on 1 hand, AK. the big fish shoved only to get insta called by the minnow.

Big Fish: As As
Minnow: Ac Ac Ac

"ADFLKJDHSF" thought the big fish. his hand was dominated preflop by trip ace of clubs and he was drawing to one out, the last ace of spade.

Flop: As 8c Visa

The big fish was overjoyed and in a fit of happiness proceded to stab the minnow. but as the saying goes...don't put all your fish in one basket.

Flurn: Ac

The big fish stared at this card. and stared. and stared. somehow the minnow had caught a miracle fourth ace of clubs and took the lead on the flurn. the turn and river bricked out and the big fish snapped. he ate the minnow but could not stop. he ate all the other small fish too, "they deserved it anywayz" the big fish though.

alas, the big fish was left alone with the $#%#2.8 billion left on the table. he took it and went straight to the high stakes tables .

and that is the story of how big fish became to be known as whales
Old 08-08-2007, 02:15 PM

A/A+
Old 08-08-2007, 02:18 PM

Best 2p2 post ever. Nothing else even close.

Is there some kind of prize we can award this guy?
Old 08-08-2007, 02:37 PM

looooooool