Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Is employee deserving of more money?
No - Just because everyone else is getting paid more does not entitle you to the same. You are still getting a reasonable income, you could have much worse problems. Stop your whining. 2 50.00%
Yes - Corporations are not fair. You should take this opportunity to try and get more money, cause they would screw you equally if given the opportunity. 0 0%
Yes - but your chances of this happening are horrible. 2 50.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-13-2006, 08:44 PM

Default Get a lfe?. Idiot post.

Here it is.

[Edit: Before you ask. The one different thing to all other "make a living from poker?" posts is : that I dont know if im that much of a winning player. I just think I could become one]

Im just out of school having enjoyed the best education you can get in Europe. My mummy used to say "Once you have that Diploma. Do whatever you want."

Now I have that [censored] diploma, and I want to play poker. Im 20 yrs old (almost) and Im a child. I dont know what work is and I dont feel like I miss anything.

At the moment I have a job selling jeans and its [censored] up. [censored] up boss, [censored] up pay... giving me [censored] up days all week long. All I enjoy is coming home playing NL50 at FTP.

Now wtf, I work 8 hrs earning 60$ , come home and maybe make 60$ playing 3 hrs NL50. Im on my way to NL100 , and I really feel everything I do apart from poker is a waste of time. My mum charges me 400$ a month for my room and some food, and she says that she doesnt care what I do as long as I pay.

Actually I wanted to go to university (like all normal people do who graduated at my school) but Germany had a problem with my internationality (long story, doesnt matter now).

I could:

-make it 6 months selling jeans feeling useless 24hrs a day and then go to university to study something I dont care about

or

-play poker as long as I want, get enough rakeback on FTP to pay all the bills and live my life.

Nr.1 means: being an ordinary, beingwhatheshouldbe-boy, never have any trouble and backup from society / family /friends cause Im what I should be.

Nr.2 means: being an idiot, putting my future at risk, being shady cause onlinepoker is not legalized in Germany and having to deal with all the crap friends / family say.

Life hasnt given me [censored] apart from everything one needs. I dont enjoy my life and I really dont care about a solid future plan.

I have a 5000$ available in hard cash, and a 2000$ as an online bankroll.

I used to have a plan like this: Steal a 20k from someone, buy an appartment, work twice a moth to pay everything else i need (nothing, that is) and just do whatever the [censored] i want. Thats how I think.

Yes, I do have mental problems I guess. But guess what. I dont care.

All I need is 400$ a month, either to pay my mum or to move in a cheap room where I pay the same (less, that is, but I need food and stuff).

I can make 400$ a month playing 250hrs of poker a month. I know that.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:55 PM

Default Re: Get a lfe?. Idiot post.

Spaceman Bryce?
Old 11-13-2006, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I do have mental problems I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would think your mental problems are more related to you seeing talking mummies than with wanting to steal from people.

hehe! foreigner zzzzzzzziiiiinng!

Seriously though, I was pretty much in your same exact situation about 4 months ago. I knew I could live on my own playing poker, but no one wanted me to or even believed I could. So when I decided to move out, my parents asked me what they should tell people that I do for a living, because they didn't want to say that I play poker only. I said they can tell people I play poker for a living, and if that's not good enough for them, they can go [censored] themselves.

I'm very glad I moved out. Best thing I've ever done. Moving out of the parents house should be the #1 goal of every teenager.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Spaceman Bryce?

[/ QUOTE ]

dont know what that means. im off to sleep (I [censored] HATE sleep)
Old 11-13-2006, 08:57 PM

Old 11-13-2006, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I do have mental problems I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would think your mental problems are more related to you seeing talking mummies than with wanting to steal from people.

hehe! foreigner zzzzzzzziiiiinng!

Seriously though, I was pretty much in your same exact situation about 4 months ago. I knew I could live on my own playing poker, but no one wanted me to or even believed I could. So when I decided to move out, my parents asked me what they should tell people that I do for a living, because they didn't want to say that I play poker only. I said they can tell people I play poker for a living, and if that's not good enough for them, they can go [censored] themselves.

I'm very glad I moved out. Best thing I've ever done. Moving out of the parents house should be the #1 goal of every teenager.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeh ok, but should you move out without a solid source of income? I reckon that with all inital costs I can make it 6 months before going broke (if no poker winnings actually made it to my bank account)
Old 11-13-2006, 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeh ok, but should you move out without a solid source of income? I reckon that with all inital costs I can make it 6 months before going broke (if no poker winnings actually made it to my bank account)

[/ QUOTE ]

I reckon that if your seriuos about playing poker for a living, you'll have done the necessary studying and playing over the next 6 months to get better and make significantly more than what you make now.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:09 PM

I really feel everything I do apart from poker is a waste of time.

This means you arent ready to play poker for a living, and will end up self-destructing.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:18 PM

Old 11-13-2006, 09:22 PM

I was 17 when I was in the same situation as you. I voted yes, because I did it and made it, but before you do anything make sure of the following two things:

You have to be sure you are a winning player. Without this, the whole idea is completely useless. You need to know how much you are expected to win and how big roll you need, and a whole bunch of stuff like that. Bankrolling and money management is a whole new chapter when you need to worry about withdrawing from it all the time.

Always have a plan B. Even if you would hate it, could you move back in with your mom if you go broke? Stuff like that.

And finally a little piece of advice. If and when you move out, make up new goals of where to head in life. Don't settle with just getting a place to stay and making the bills from FTP rakeback, because it will get very boring, very fast. It could be building your bankroll and going for higher stakes, or study somewhere, or whatever. You get the idea. Good luck.