Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 09:27 PM

Default can AA get outdrawn again?

i was playing 2/4$ at pacific poker i have around 450$ my opponent 600$ i was on the button and was facing a raise of 20$ my a real loose and aggressive player i just called with AA the flop is innocent looking 3,4,k(rainbow) he bets around the size of the pot and i just smooth call hoping he will just bluff off all of his money, the turn brought a 7, (the 7,4both spades) he continued to bet and i was still happy to just call still feeling comfortable. the river comes a 10not a spade he immediatley puts me all in.....

what should i do and have i slow played myself into a hole?
Old 11-26-2006, 10:38 PM

Default Re: can AA get outdrawn again?

Old 11-26-2006, 11:18 PM

you have 1PAIR you must play this agressive on the flop fold on the river you are beat
Old 11-26-2006, 11:33 PM

you have slow played yourself into a hole, he has probably caught two pair on you...what kinda read do you have on him?
Old 11-27-2006, 01:48 AM

1 - This is a limit forum, I'm still confused as to why you're posting a no limit hand

2 - That said,you didn't give anyone enough information to help give advice. How much did he bet on the turn, and subsequently how big was the pot when he pushed you in? How many hands have you played with this individual? What position was the villain in? What is his range for the pf raise?

3 - With given information, I think you played this hand quite badly. Granted, he may be extremely loose and aggressive, but at some point you've gotta let him know the jig is up, otherwise you're basically playing this hand blind. You have no idea whether he has a set, a king, or nothing. The flop is ragged and not connected, so I could perhaps see a smooth call there, but by the turn, you have to be willing to raise him, or when he moves in, value bets, or check raises on the river you're gonna be stuck exactly where you were. AA is a strong hand, especially against an aggressive player, but not necessarily a hand worth being slowplayed to the river.

4 - I think that the title of this thread is ironic, considering you were only outdrawn b/c you let him outdraw you. You never made him pay to make his hand.

5 - I think that your decision in the end is not anywhere near set-in-stone, it's largely dependent upon the amount in the pot (unknown to us), and your read on the villain. Is he the kind of opponent who would push all-in with only one pair, or would he fire 3 bullets (including all-in on the river) as a bluff? If the answer to both of these questions is no, then fold, if it's maybe or sometimes, start counting that pot and breaking this hand down.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:09 AM

Normally I'd move this thread to SSNL, but they wouldn't want it, so I'll just lock it up.
Closed Thread