Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2007, 12:08 AM

Default Titan Superturbos - beatable?

Titan has these superturbo tournaments where the blinds go up every minute, up to 300/600. You start with 1000 chips, there are 6 players, and it hits 300/600 after about 12 hands on average. The rake on these tournaments is 10% (eg $5+0.50).

Is it just me or would it be almost impossible to beat the rake here?
Old 08-15-2007, 12:21 AM

Default Re: Titan Superturbos - beatable?

seems like it would be too fast, but u might have like an ultra slightedge to beat it
Old 08-15-2007, 08:31 AM

Maybe if you're getting rakeback/bonus? Slight edge for sure.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:12 AM

DarkMagus,
A friend of mine plays something very similar on Prima. I believe the blinds go up every three hands, five players to start and prizes for the top two. I should mention we call him "superfish" and he is best described as a LAG on perma-tilt.

Funny thing is he's been a consistent winner at the $22 and $55 Extreme Turbo SnGs for more than a year (I would estimate he plays at least 50/week) and this is how he finances the chip dumping he loves so much at the 6-max NL cash tables (where he is an equally consistent loser).

As far as I can gather it is his natural inclination to play far too many hands far too aggressively that actually makes him a winner in these games. The vast majority of his opponents are playing WAY to tight for a game where you start with a short (relatively) stack, four opponents, and blinds that literally come running up behind you.

Obviously the term variance is going to take on a whole new meaning for you if you choose delve into these luckaments, but like I said, I've seen ONE guy beat these games for about 3000 SnGs. Lastly, I should mention that if I were to play these I'm certain I would dump my BR if I didn't stop.

Best of luck (you'll need it?)!
Slim