Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit

Old 05-03-2005, 12:04 AM

Default Re: DERB

Can't an experience be an exact opposite of mine?

I'm stuck 4 dimes in 56k hands. Of course, no one has to believe me, but I play pretty good. Definitely better than the average 15 player. Yet I haven't been able to win and have no reason to think I ever will.

Online is a strange enigma to me. Edge is small, variance is high and you need tons of hands to reach the long term. If I just won anywhere near the proper percentage of times someone hit a 2-outer after throwing in tons of bets, I'd be doing fine. What I'm saying is that this can work in reverse too.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:19 AM

I can see what you're saying, but I think being stuck 4k after 56k hands is a bit different from making 3bb/100 over 145k. From reading your posts to date, I'd be willing to bet it turns around for you, and probably soon.

As for the dude, either a.) this is a very rare statistical anomoly, b.) there is some form of collusion happening, or c.) he is a world-class player, so good that he can make hands profitable that the VAST majority of other players could not

This is real interesting - Jags
Old 05-03-2005, 12:19 AM

VIP 30 - R 17 - NF 21 - ag 2.0

For the computer saavy, is this feasible?

Intuitively, it seems to me that these numbers would be somewhere near optimal if you could actually see your opponents' cards. The random ATo caps and whatnot are obviously horrible, but perhaps some the stuff like that is just provide part of a general cover of donkishness. I don't know [censored] about computers, but I think the sites are pretty damn secure, but what about hacking into other player's computers and just watching their screens. I'm sure some players will have enough security to make this difficult, but many probably will not.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:21 AM

An aggression factor of 2 with a VPIP of 30 is ridiculous. There has to be something up here. That would be like a dude with VPIP 17 having an aggression factor of like 3+. (no math behind that, but you get my point)

- Jags
Old 05-03-2005, 12:32 AM

Not that I believe everything he has to say but you should check out what Russ Georgiev has written on cheating, if you havnt already; it certainly makes you wonder just how prevelant it may be... to say the least.

-Brad
Old 05-03-2005, 12:48 AM

I'd love to see a full rundown of his PT stats, like blind defense numbers, VPIP through various positions, etc.

Posting individual hands might also be enlightening.
Old 05-03-2005, 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd love to see a full rundown of his PT stats, like blind defense numbers, VPIP through various positions, etc.

Posting individual hands might also be enlightening.

[/ QUOTE ]

vpip 30
pfr 17
ag 2.0
nf 21
fold sb- 70
fold bb- 30
fold bb HU- 24
WSD- 41
W$SD- 50
when fold turn- 3
when fold river- 3
c'r- 3
won $: $145k
win rate: 3bb/100

all i can say is jesus effing christ.

-Barron
Old 05-03-2005, 01:34 AM

Default EXCEL help

i want to analyze this stuff statistically.

i need help turning a column of text into separate columns.

furrnetly, for each player i have in excel column A reads:

PLAYERNAME~{{HP - somenumber - VPIP somenumber - Raise somenumber - nofold somenumber - ag somenumber

the remaining 3 columns are similarly edited so i have lots of data but no way to get JUST the #s...

i want to separate EVERYHTING in that cell into its own columns...so where i now have 1 column...i'd like to end up with like 12 or whatever excel can break those things into.

any ideas?
-Barron
Old 05-03-2005, 02:01 AM

Default Re: EXCEL help

I'm no expert, but I think if you highlight the data, go up to "Data" then down to "Text to Columns", it should take you through it...

Good luck.

Josh
Old 05-03-2005, 02:03 AM

Default Re: EXCEL help

[ QUOTE ]
I'm no expert, but I think if you highlight the data, go up to "Data" then down to "Text to Columns", it should take you through it...

Good luck.

Josh

[/ QUOTE ]

btw, if i get this set up i can do ALOT ALOT of useful sets of analyses...i can probably spend an entire day looking at the data and still only graze the surface.

-Barron