Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2007, 04:20 AM

Default KK with QQT board...

Villain was 69/6/.75 after 32 hands.

Did I play this alright? I called on the flop because I figured a raise would not protect my hand, and I might be beat, so I'll wait until the turn to raise. Was this an ok play? Was the bet/fold on the turn too tight? Should I have called down?

Thanks in advance for any comments.

Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.10/$0.2
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is MP1 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, 6 folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (7.5SB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5.25BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: 1BB returned to UTG.

Results:
Final pot: 9.25BB
Old 02-12-2007, 04:47 AM

Default Re: KK with QQT board...

You should have raised the flop. I go WA/WB on this turn after UTG+1 folds.
Old 02-12-2007, 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain was 69/6/.75 after 32 hands.

Did I play this alright? I called on the flop because I figured a raise would not protect my hand, and I might be beat, so I'll wait until the turn to raise. Was this an ok play? Was the bet/fold on the turn too tight? Should I have called down?

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you gain with a turn raise/fold that you don't get with a turn-river call-call? Also, from what are you trying to protect your hand and if you may already be beat, are you really protecting your hand?
Old 02-12-2007, 05:31 AM

I'm a bit undecided between just calling down (and folding when it's two to me) or raising the flop for value. Most donks would either c/r the flop with a Q here or slowplay trips at least on the flop. But you don't have many hands yet with this guy and the stats are quite meaningless so far, so I'd prolly simply call down.

I have no idea what raise/folding the turn can accomplish after UTG1 folded. Do you realize that you could have gone to the showdown for the same amount of money?
Old 02-12-2007, 05:33 AM

Lol, i thought i was in the NL forum. Sry.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a bit undecided between just calling down (and folding when it's two to me) or raising the flop for value. Most donks would either c/r the flop with a Q here or slowplay trips at least on the flop. But you don't have many hands yet with this guy and the stats are quite meaningless so far, so I'd prolly simply call down.

I have no idea what raise/folding the turn can accomplish after UTG1 folded. Do you realize that you could have gone to the showdown for the same amount of money?

[/ QUOTE ]

aaron - true enough on the turn but what about the flop? Do you call with 3 players still in or raise it up? I tend to pop the flop here about every time.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I tend to pop the flop here about every time.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not Aaron, I'll answer anyway [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I think with the 2nd guy in raising is maybe better then just calling. If I'm 2nd to act and the 3rd player is behind me, I raise this up about 100%.

When both of them have contributed already I start wo wonder, what UTG1 can call with. UTG might bet 99, but UTG1 might slowplay a Q. When UTG1 is an idiot calling here with many holdings, raising is prolly better than calling, since it extracts value.