Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-2007, 10:59 PM

Default I hereby declare for the NBA Draft

http://www.dispatch.com/dispatch/con...23/butler.html

Oden obviously should have gone, and I can understand Conley as well. Conley's stock isn't going to get much higher. However, right now there's NO way Butler gets drafted, and Cook would be a 2nd round pick at best, and be off to Europe within 2 years.

Therefore, I too have decided to enter the NBA draft and not hire an agent. After talking with my family, we have decided this is best for us.
Old 04-23-2007, 11:26 PM

Default Re: I hereby declare for the NBA Draft

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.dispatch.com/dispatch/con...23/butler.html

Oden obviously should have gone, and I can understand Conley as well. Conley's stock isn't going to get much higher. However, right now there's NO way Butler gets drafted, and Cook would be a 2nd round pick at best, and be off to Europe within 2 years.

Therefore, I too have decided to enter the NBA draft and not hire an agent. After talking with my family, we have decided this is best for us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Conley has a lot better chances of ending up in Europe than Cook. Cook could be a decent player in the end. Butler is crazy to leave. Some draft projections I was looking at had even Lewis as a late 2nd rounder. Who knows.
Old 04-24-2007, 08:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Conley has a lot better chances of ending up in Europe than Cook. Cook could be a decent player in the end. Butler is crazy to leave. Some draft projections I was looking at had even Lewis as a late 2nd rounder. Who knows.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is your basis for this? Where do you project him going? If he's a lottery pick he won't be playing in Europe anytime soon.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:32 AM

Conley will be the first PG taken in this year's draft. If he gets drafted by Atlanta at 11 or LA at 14, you can be pretty sure that he won't be going to Europe.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:57 AM

IS there any way he can fall to the Lakers? Because that would be sweetness. As a PG that doesn't know how to shoot, Conley is exactly what we need.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
IS there any way he can fall to the Lakers? Because that would be sweetness. As a PG that doesn't know how to shoot, Conley is exactly what we need.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I don't think theirs anyway he falls to 19. If he passes Atlanta (11), they are retarded.

The top 2 picks are pretty easy:

Oden, Durant.

Then you have Wright, Horford, Jianlian, Green, Brewer, Hibbert, Wright, Batum, Naoh, Conley, Hawes who should all go in the next group.

Milwaukee, Phx, Charlotte, Chicago, NO, Washington, NJ, GS are the only teams between the third pick and the 19th pick that don't need a PG of the future.

He could easily be taken by Minnesota, Sacremento, Atlanta, Philly, LAC (due to the injury), Detroit (Billups is the hottest PG FA), etc.
Old 04-24-2007, 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Anything to get Smush out of town.
Jack Nicholson's contribution to the Lakers > Smush Parker's contribution to the Lakers.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No. I don't think theirs anyway he falls to 19. If he passes Atlanta (11), they are finally making a good move by choosing Acie Law IV instead since they've been the youngest team in the NBA for 3 straight years and don't need to add another teenager.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whew
Old 04-25-2007, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No. I don't think theirs anyway he falls to 19. If he passes Atlanta (11), they are finally making a good move by choosing Acie Law IV instead since they've been the youngest team in the NBA for 3 straight years and don't need to add another teenager.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whew

[/ QUOTE ]

Acie Law is a combo guard. They need a pure point.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:17 AM

This is Bilas view of Conley on ESPN. Seems crazy too me.

Conley is the real deal, and I believe he is in the same class as Deron Williams and Chris Paul in 2005. In fact, if you put Conley in that same draft, picking the best of the three would be a very difficult choice. If Conley improves his perimeter shot and makes it more reliable, he is as good a prospect as Paul, maybe better. Conley has great presence, maturity and decision-making skills. And, most important, he wins games. With Oden leaving and his own value being so high, Conley is in a good position in this year's draft, and should be the first guard taken. The toughest positions for NBA teams to fill are point guard and true center, and Ohio State offers up the best in both categories in this year's draft. Conley is making a good decision in coming out now