Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2007, 08:59 PM

Default Re: Official UB Regulars Thread

Honest-UK,

When did you receive this email?
Old 11-25-2007, 11:22 AM

Yesterday, having sent them through all the answers to that generic "what's your system spec" email. And harrassing them and threatening to quit their site obv.
Old 11-25-2007, 04:59 PM

Ahhh, I hope its not a lie.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:03 PM

about the wailtlist trouble, I have found a way around it. Have Ultimate buddy opened, and as soon as it freezes because of waitlist bug, click on a table on your buddy list, anyone, and now you can click for a couple sec on a table you got action, rinse repeat until it is done. it is a pain in the arse but at least you will be able to stack the donk with the AA you just got.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:02 PM

very interesting solution... I will try it and let you know
Old 11-25-2007, 10:04 PM

Copied from other post about UB waitlist

[ QUOTE ]
Here is all the dialog that I got when I asked about waitlists.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for contacting us.

This problem seems to be caused by a corrupted file on your game application. Software corruption can happen at any time your system performs unusual hard shutdown processes or during a forced game shutdown.

We recommend you to reinstall your game application by following these instructions:

1- Restart your computer and when the system comes back up do not open the game.
2- Go to the "Start" button and open the Control Panel.
3- Search on the list for the UltimateBet.Com application, select it and hit on "Remove". Hit "Ok" when prompted for confirmation.
4- Exit the Control Panel application.
5- Open up your "My PC" explorer and browse the following path "C:\Program Files" and delete the "UltimateBet" folder.
6- Launch the Internet explorer and go to "Tools" menu, select "Internet Options", delete cookies and temporary files so you can proceed to install a complete fresh version of the game client.
7- After you clicked on "Delete Files", select "Delete all offline content" and click "Ok". Restart your computer.
8- Now, open the Internet Explorer again and paste the following link: ftp://ftp.ultimatebet.com/public_htm...ve/ubsetup.exe
9- Proceed to install the game application following the instructions from the installing engine.
10- Launch the game application and enjoy the game.

If you need any further assistance, do not hesitate to contact us back. We will be glad to assist you.

Best regards,

Dennis
UltimateBet ~ Technical Support
'The Ultimate Poker Experience'

Ensure the security of your account! Never give out your password and change it frequently!

--Original Message--
Date: 10/21/07
To: support@ultimatebet.com
Subject: RE: Tournament Support Request [#6979377]

1- CPU type and speed - 3.4Ghz P4
2- RAM size. - 2GB RAM
3- Video card type and size. VisionTek Radeon X1650
4- Screen resolution 2560x1600

I am not behind a firewall. I am using AVG antivirus. I have cable internet. Windows XP Service Pack 2. Internet Explorer 6.

This should not matter though. I have heard this complain from several other players. Thanks

-Name

-----Original Message-----
From: support@ultimatebet.com [mailto:support@ultimatebet.com]
Sent: Sun 10/21/2007 6:29 PM
To: name

Dear name,

In order to provide you with further instructions, we will require gathering some vital information about your computer configuration.

What type of Internet connection do you have (DSL, Cable, Dial-up)? Is your computer connected via wireless or is it behind a router?

What operating system is installed in your computer (95, 98, 2000, XP)? To find out, right click on "My Computer", and then select "Properties". The Windows version information should appear below. In the event that you have Windows XP, please let us know if it says Service Pack 2 or not.

What version of Internet Explorer are you running? To find out, open Internet Explorer, click on "Help", and "About Internet Explorer".

We also need to know which firewall, antivirus, antispyware, or popup blocker programs do you have installed in your system. You may find this information at the right side of the "task bar" near the clock. Write down a list of these programs.

In addition, please include your computer's characteristics:

1- CPU type and speed.
2- RAM size.
3- Video card type and size.
4- Screen resolution (right click on your desktop, then click on "Properties", and select the"Settings" tab).

We will be waiting for your response.

Do not hesitate to contact us if you require further assistance or additional information.

Best regards,

Jose L.
UltimateBet ~ Customer Support
Support@UltimateBet.Com

Ensure the security of your account! Never give out your password and change it frequently!

--Original Message--
Date: 10/21/07

This had nothing to do with service outages. The problem is with your wait lists for ring games. Most of the time you use the wait lists, UB will freeze when the dialog box comes up. I have had no connection problems with UB. Only problem is the UB program ( and all of its windows) will freeze when the wait list dialog boxes come up.

-----Original Message-----
From: support@ultimatebet.com [mailto:support@ultimatebet.com]
Sent: Sun 10/21/2007 4:05 PM
To: name
Subject: RE:Tournament Support Request [#6979377]

Dear name,

Please accept our apologies for any recent interruptions that you may have experienced when playing in our website. One of our Internet Service Providers experienced a non-scheduled maintenance procedure that affected our Main Client. This caused players to suffer disconnections and experience problems logging back to the game.

At this moment all services have been restored back to normal, and refunds were applied to the players affected.

If you experienced a disconnection and have not received a refund, please provide us the tournament ID number, table number and the type of Tournament. If it was ring game, we need the stage number.

Do not hesitate to contact us if you require further assistance or additional information.

Best regards,

Jose L.
UltimateBet ~ Customer Support
Support@UltimateBet.Com

--Original Message--
Date: 10/19/07
Subject: Tournament Support Request[#6979377]

Customer Information
Account Name : name
Comments : You need to fix your wait lists. Several times my UB program has froze because your dialog boxes have bugs. I was in the middle of big hand and got folded because I couldn\'t click any of the action buttons.

Hand #47250153-459 at Garfield (No Limit Hold\'em)
Started at 19/Oct/07 16:39:30

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-25-2007, 10:05 PM

Honest-UK,

You kept bugging them beyond this email and they said they are working on it?
Old 11-26-2007, 11:05 AM

I was bugging memberservices and then when I heard from Tech Support I started on them. Basically every time it happens and costs me money I mail them! I generate a lot of rake so hopefully they are taking it seriously.

Guys - if you haven't already done so, please mail to complain about this. I think complaints from the regulars who make them so much money will definitely help get this resolved.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:06 AM

And sorry, to answer your question, yes I bugged tech support beyond that email.
Old 11-28-2007, 07:39 PM

*sigh* clearly these guys are a complete joke. Here's the latest part of my correspondance with them..

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Waiting List Freeze Problem [#7203371]

I hope you do find a solution to this soon - it froze three times on me this morning alone, once costing me a big pot that I timed out of. Ultimatebet is getting pretty close to unusable.

Dear xxx,

It was a pleasure assisting you. If there is anything that we may be able to help you with in the future, please do not hesitate to send us another email. We will strive to do everything possible in order to ensure that you have a great time playing poker with us and that your experience at Ultimate Bet is as pleasant as it can be.

If you need any further assistance, do not hesitate to contact us back. We will be glad to assist you.

Best regards,

Christopher
UltimateBet ~ Technical Support

Brilliant.