Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2007, 02:09 AM

Default Re: i\'m doing this more and more

This is fine as long as you balance your range, which I guess is what your saying with your questions.

Put another way, our range should be fairly open here against a thinking player who is going to try to exploit patterns in our play. In other words, I'd check this flop with hands like 66 or AT with marginal SD value, hands like AJ or A8 with good SD value, and occasionally with hands like JJ or 88 or 33. I'd also take a free card sometimes with gutshots and other weak draws.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:40 AM

A thinking player will sometimes give you more action than is warranted because he doesn't think that anyone who actually has a hand would check a two-flush board with a possible straight draw and so will bluff twice on the turn and river with a hand he would have check-folded on the flop.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Put another way, our range should be fairly open here against a thinking player who is going to try to exploit patterns in our play. In other words, I'd check this flop with hands like 66 or AT with marginal SD value, hands like AJ or A8 with good SD value, and occasionally with hands like JJ or 88 or 33. I'd also take a free card sometimes with gutshots and other weak draws.

[/ QUOTE ]

okay. this is a good start. i would like to add that, rather than check a hand like JJ, i would likely balance by betting the strongest part of my range as well as the weakest(pure bluffs) portion. i would leave the checks behind for other strong hands like top pair/overpair that benefit less from monster over monster encounters.

thanks!

let me know what you think about by mixed strategy.