Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 02:08 PM

Default Static Electricity

Has anyone ever been shocked badly by it? Last night I went to turn off a light I got shocked pretty bad, it felt like I was damn near electrocuted. Stories?
Old 11-13-2007, 02:31 PM

Default Re: Static Electricity

Old 11-13-2007, 02:35 PM

I dated a furry one time and the static electricity would sometimes build up like crazy. Other times it didn't, I was always kinda confused by this. Maybe a dryer issue for the costumes? Anyway, we got done one time and I shocked the bejeezus out of my ass when I brushed up against some metal part of the dresser as I was getting out of the suit.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:35 PM

Areinitz,

Are you talking about turning off a light switch? If so, are you sure it isn't screwed up and you were actually getting shocked by AC? If it lasted more than an instant, it wasn't static. I've had a light switch shock me, and I've had one kind of burn up/explode. They do wear out sometimes. And lots of us unfortunately have houses or apartments that were wired up by idiots.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Areinitz,

Are you talking about turning off a light switch? If so, are you sure it isn't screwed up and you were actually getting shocked by AC? If it lasted more than an instant, it wasn't static. I've had a light switch shock me, and I've had one kind of burn up/explode. They do wear out sometimes. And lots of us unfortunately have houses or apartments that were wired up by idiots.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats very possible
Old 11-13-2007, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
AHHAHAHAHHAHA [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Murderers are funny!!!!
Old 11-13-2007, 05:43 PM

yeah, sounds like something is wrong w/ the outlet. when i was 18 my friend was over and plugged in my stereo and it gave him a shock. he was slightly shaken up being the sensitive guy i was, i laughed about it.

the next night i went to plug in the stereo in the same outlet and it popped, caught fire and i couldnt let go of the outlet. i watched for several seconds as my hand was in the middle of the blue flame. it finally knocked me across the room. half the circuits in the house blew. i was in pain and when i went to another room w/ light to check it out, most of the skin on my hand was torn off, down to the muscle.

my parents were out of town and the same friend was coming over to hang out in a little bit. he laughed the entire drive to the emergency room.

edit: an electrician came over the next week and said it was a cheap and old outlet.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dated a furry one time

[/ QUOTE ]
Full trip report pleeeeeeze.

Also, the laundry cart at work has metal bolts and things in it and since it's full of recently dried blankets and things it's always primed for a shock. The other day I was walking a dog past it and there was a visible blue spark to his head. Being a rottweiler he didn't really notice.