Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 03:35 PM

Default Re: Raise Size

Oh yeah, we're in position which is even nicer. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2007, 06:37 PM

Funny how there are so many different, conflicting answers to this seemingly simple hand.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:39 PM

That's why there are so many different, conflicting ROIs in this forum. It's important to get the most EV out of every decision you make.
Old 11-05-2007, 06:43 PM

Too many people are playing scared poker.
Old 11-05-2007, 07:54 PM

I think the call and shove on turn is a good line. If he doesn't lead turn I'd probably bet about 3/4 pot and shove river unless the board got really screwy.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Funny how there are so many different, conflicting answers to this seemingly simple hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
I really think there is only one answer, call shove turn. Villain tendencies could change this but this by far the most profitable line against the most villains.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:27 PM

Yeah, after I made fairly extensive comments about what raise sizes would work best against specific types of opponents, I realized that raising at all probably isn't the best thing to do to begin with, so discussing whether pushing is better than raising smaller could be a pretty significant tangent.

All better hands call your raise, lots of worse hands fold, including quite a few that would bet again, almost all worse hands are drawing to 2-5 outs, with the very occasional exceptions being 56 and 9T, which have 8 outs, and a huge portion of the deck is going to look safe to hands you're beating.

But I'm pretty sure Nicho is a better player than me, so I didn't really want to argue, figuring if it was right to just call, the real experts around here would pipe up soon enough. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2007, 10:41 PM

Default Devils Advocate

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I really think there is only one answer, call shove turn. Villain tendencies could change this but this by far the most profitable line against the most villains.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think calling flop and just shoving turn is gross. If we're saying that villain will call my turn shove with a worse hand, he will also call a flop shove with a worse hand. Plus, any card that's between a six and a queen, plus an ace, will cause him to fold some % of the time whatever worse hands he has now. Plus, after the turn comes, there are more hands that beat me plus draws have less equity if they miss (meaning if he will call an AI with T9 now but not after the turn blanks then we made a mistake).

If we're saying call now, and check to him on the turn, thats an option too, but again, if a 6-Q come and he bets, or he checks and takes a free card, none of these are really good outcomes. If he's the type who will fire again with QT on the turn, he'll probably also call a 3-bet on the flop.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:54 PM

Default Re: Devils Advocate

We're in position.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:09 PM

Default Re: Devils Advocate

[ QUOTE ]
We're in position.

[/ QUOTE ]
Right which is why we commit worse hands by calling because villain will likely lead if we just call the flop. You fold SO many hands by 3betting here.